How good can we be with TM under center next year?

G0B1GRED

Paul, got to disagree with you about the rollouts. Taylor's footwork is more of a mess on the rollouts, and so has his decision making been. He's been sharp at times when in the pocket. Maybe we can develop a designed rollout game for him such as those short throws to the RB Fresno made a living on us with, but I have to say, I'm really skeptical until I see it.

As far as the gap, who really knows? I think that every starting position on the team should be up for grabs. This team needs a motivational re-set. And especially at QB, I want a wide-open race for anyone who wants it. Let the chips fall where they may. I hope we'll get that this year, and I hope we'll be able to see both QB1 and QB2 get some time next year.

Taylor may be a veteran of three years, but he is new enough to the position of QB that I have skepticism that he'll play with the savvy of a typical three-year veteran. Just based on where he came from and his inexperience, I do not think he has the automatic leg up on younger competition that seems to be implied.

As much as I want to enter this thread.... I just can't bring myself to do so..... hold back...hold back....... self-restraint.....

We should base our info on spring games......hold back....hold back...damn it..

and player quotes about themselves.......dang it....get some discipline.....

oh no....hit "post" before you fly off handle on the "nonsense" being spewed about.....

You are referring to True to the Red right?

........... always.

Perhaps a better question would be: How good can we be without him? If he gets hurt, how good will we be?

Exactly. I'm not sure about Carnes because he hasn't had much experience. However, I'd love to think that we would be just fine with Carnes at QB, especially since we like to lean on Rex to run the ball 30 times a game at times.

I really hope Brion gets an opportunity to play next year. This is just my opinion, but one of the things that really bothered me this year was the fact that we had a back up quarterback in name only. Not playing that young man, no matter how poorly he did in practice was not a wise decision.

Perhaps a better question would be: How good can we be without him? If he gets hurt, how good will we be?

Exactly. I'm not sure about Carnes because he hasn't had much experience. However, I'd love to think that we would be just fine with Carnes at QB, especially since we like to lean on Rex to run the ball 30 times a game at times.

I really hope Brion gets an opportunity to play next year. This is just my opinion, but one of the things that really bothered me this year was the fact that we had a back up quarterback in name only. Not playing that young man, no matter how poorly he did in practice was not a wise decision.

I can't say I disagree with you. Plenty of people have that same view, and I can't say that mine differs. The last drive of the game in the Wisconsin, Michigan, and SC game, Brion should have been in at QB. I sort of understand the Wisconsin game, because Bo likes to score at the end of the game and get a little momentum heading into the following week, but that game was earlier in the season. During the Michigan and SC games, there is absolutely no reason that Brion didn't get the chance to play on that final drive, or more.

I can't say I disagree with you. Plenty of people have that same view, and I can't say that mine differs. The last drive of the game in the Wisconsin, Michigan, and SC game, Brion should have been in at QB. I sort of understand the Wisconsin game, because Bo likes to score at the end of the game and get a little momentum heading into the following week, but that game was earlier in the season. During the Michigan and SC games, there is absolutely no reason that Brion didn't get the chance to play on that final drive, or more.

Ok.... I will go against my better judgement and jump in head first...... I think that it appears "safe" now...... Seems like the nonsense may have gone to bed.... As much as I support Taylor for ALL the reasons mentioned throughout this thread, I will agree WHOLE HEARTEDLY with both of you.... Brion should have gotten more time. Especially since the coaches were soooo concerned with Taylor getting hurt that they took away his explosive ability..... the only thing that could have happened in the games mentioned where bad things. Get Taylor out, and get Brion time....AGREE 100 %

Good lord some of you people are delusional. I gave up on giving you the facts. Clearly you don't watch the games and see there is some real problems with the flow of this offense. Footwork, pocket presence, timing, and throwing motion apparently don't mean sh#t to most of you. Then the guy is supposed to be able to run for days until uh oh? Every defense we play has figured out that that's all he can do and now what happens from here on out? Do you Taylor supporters ever watch any other football teams? There are other programs around the country that have 2nd and 3rd string QB's that blow the doors off of Taylor.....do you not watch any other football than Nebraska? Have you watched option football for so long that you forgot what passing game is supposed to look like?

If you support Taylor just because he is the current QB, I get that, but don't pretend for a second that Brion Carnes doesn't blow his doors off in every single category except the fact that Brion has no experience in real games. These coaches obviously don't want to give Brion a real shot at taking this f'ing' job....you know why? Cuz' Bo has such a hard on for Taylor it's not even funny. He defends the kid every time someone even mentions his name. If Brion was given a chance, you would see what a dual threat QB is really supposed to look like and you will all forget TM even existed.

I just ask one question of you Martinez supporters since you are clearly lost in a world where fundamental quarterback skills don't matter........when someone finally replaces Martinez and shows you what this offense is truly capable of will you have the balls to admit you were blind to see that the team is lacking a true leader, a vocal leader and a QB that can execute the offense?

Since you seem to know so much about quarterback play, maybe Bo should hire you? Do you have any facts to support that Brion is superior, or are you just taking cheap shots at Martinez for the heck of it? It's very frustrating to me that personal feelings and preferences take precedent over level of play or statistics...

I think most of you Taylor supporters are just supporting him because you know we are stuck with him as our starter for the next two seasons. You are in denial that he is not the man for the job so you cast the blame on our O-line or recievers dropping the ball. I've seen him plenty of times with good protection and he still finds a way to screw up the play. He never looks comfortable in the pocket and can't throw worth a damn.

I think most of you Taylor supporters are just supporting him because you know we are stuck with him as our starter for the next two seasons. You are in denial that he is not the man for the job so you cast the blame on our O-line or recievers dropping the ball. I've seen him plenty of times with good protection and he still finds a way to screw up the play. He never looks comfortable in the pocket and can't throw worth a damn.

Maybe we're supporting him because he's a player on our football team. He could be the starting QB or the 4th string OT or the 2nd string WILL linebacker. He's still a Husker, through and through.

Anyways, you're right, it's ridiculous to criticize the O-line or the receivers when they drop the ball. The only player on the team who should ever receive any criticism is the starting QB.

Maybe we're supporting him because he's a player on our football team. He could be the starting QB or the 4th string OT or the 2nd string WILL linebacker. He's still a Husker, through and through.

Anyways, you're right, it's ridiculous to criticize the O-line or the receivers when they drop the ball. The only player on the team who should ever receive any criticism is the starting QB.

I support Taylor as a player on our team too. However, I don't support him in the role he has right now. He has great athletic abilities. His strengths are not being utilized at the QB position.

I support Taylor as a player on our team too. However, I don't support him in the role he has right now. He has great athletic abilities. His strengths are not being utilized at the QB position.

Well, I think they are. So does Beck & Bo.

I also think our Oline will "finally" start coming around next year which will appear to improve Tmart's play. It's amazing how much better a qb looks when your Oline actually blocks somebody. It also helps a lot when your wrs catch the ball. There's a decent chance of that happening too.

GBR!!