Baseball Practice starts today!!!

Jaybird

I am very excited for Husker Baseball this year. Practice starts today and the First game is mere 3 weeks away. For the first time in years it seems like there is a real buzz about the program and I really like the injection of new blood. I really hope this is the beginning of something really special in Lincoln. There was nothing quite like those regional and super regional games at the Buck and then moving over to Haymarket Park. Lets get some good work in over the next couple weeks guys and get ready to start our first season in the B1G with a bang. Good luck players and coaches I plan to be in the seats for as many games as I can get to this year. Lets not stop playing until mid June!

• Fire 2

Yup, I am hearing that the first practice will be held outside unless the rain moves in. Looks like next week is supposed to have highs in the upper 40's and 50's so hope they get a lot of good work in outside to be ready for the season. The new practice facility is awesome but it just does not take the place of being able to practice outside and work on those fly balls etc!

Yup, I am hearing that the first practice will be held outside unless the rain moves in. Looks like next week is supposed to have highs in the upper 40's and 50's so hope they get a lot of good work in outside to be ready for the season. The new practice facility is awesome but it just does not take the place of being able to practice outside and work on those fly balls etc!

this cant hurt anything at all. I think its huge for a team to be able to be outside, south teams have such an advantage when it comes to this. Unless they have to come to a cold environment for an early season series. which hardly ever happens.