Memorial Stadium- What would you add?

Jaybird

After this next round of additions to the stadium is completed hopefully for the 2013 season what would you add or change about Memorial Stadium. It could be the next addition project or anything you would like changed or added. I know there have been other threads started about additions to the stadium etc, but I just wanted to see what kinds of ideas are out there that if you were to stumble upon a large sum of money ans were going to donate it to the University to do something to the Stadium what would you earmark it for?

I am thinking it would be pretty cool to lower the playing field, bring the East and West Stadiums in closer to the field adding seats and making the stadium parallel with the sidelines (like Oklahoma State's stadium only with a little more room) as well as having the seats be higher so the view of the playing field is better for those sitting closer to the field on plays to the near sideline. Another thing they could do is add suites in the endzones on the field like the one that is there now but just have them run the length of the endzone (like the suites on the field at Jerry's world in Dallas).

That is just something I have been thinking about.

What are your ideas?

Different entrances to the end zones, like spiral ramps for easier access. Concourses behind the end zones with bathrooms, concessions, etc. and wider walkways at the back of the main level east / west seating (if you've ever sat up there, the seats are crap anyway from obstructions). Maybe bathrooms that don't look like facilities in a Soviet prison? It's the little things that make the game experience better.

I really do like the idea of having more ramps to get in and out of the stadium. My seats are dead center north stadium toward the top and it is ridiculous getting in and out of there. IF they were to add a ramp or 2 on the outside of the stadium on the north and south sides that would be really nice.

I would be ok with putting overhangs on the top of each stadium to keep the noise in that would be pretty sweet.

It will never happen, but I bring back the natural grass. In terms of things that could happen, I would renovate and add boxes around the rim of the south stadium. We will already be over 90,000 no REAL need for more seats.

I'm sure NU looks at the capacity of Memorial compared to others across the nation. Currently we are not one of the elite stadiums in our own conference in the discussion, and that is something that needs to be addressed.

It's all relative. We can never have enough seats until we have as much, or more than the other top contenders. I doubt our state can sustain the sellout record with an additional 20,000 seats, but it's important that we add them solely on the fact that Memorial is held in the same breath as the Big House and the horseshoe.

What's the most unfortunate thing of all is that I don't know if we can add 20,000 seats without cramming the stands like Michigan does.

I would also say adjusting the jumbotrons would be nice if they are going to fix the sound issues. Those of us in the north stadium can't see the big board and the ones on the corners are angled funny so we can't really see them all that well either. Maybe if they were to do something on the South stadium they could add speakers and a replay board over there as well.

how about we requre anyone with an arse that's wider than 20 inches cheek to cheek, to buy two seats? or actually space em out more so that I don't have to sit side-ways

Fat chance. A large chunk of revenue would disappear if this were to happen.

I agree though. I would also do this if it were my choice.