SIGNED WR Kevin Gladney

Nexus

Been watching film for the majority of the afternoon until it is time to put back a few cold ones, he reminds me of Dezmon Briscoe from Kansas back when they were chucking the ball all around. He looks lanky as hell and knows how to position his body in a way that doesn't allow defenders to come back to the football once he has won position. Didn't realize that the first part of the video was his sophomore tape either. This was a good pick up. Him and Jordan Westerkamp are probably the best sets of hands that we have recruited in a long time. I'd say there is a chance he gets bumped up, but I am not counting on it.

He has elite hands and size and he also runs very good intermediate to deep routes. Where he can improve is his short route running and over the middle.

Desmond Briscoe pretty much hits the nail on the head EZ. I see alot of Mario Manningham too, put some muscle on him and he could be a force down the field.

I can see that as well. It really makes me chuckle when people on other boards discounting this pick up. I am happy to have him. Hopefully we can get Springfellow to switch as well. Then I would be more than happy with our WR class.

Desmond Briscoe pretty much hits the nail on the head EZ. I see alot of Mario Manningham too, put some muscle on him and he could be a force down the field.

I can see that as well. It really makes me chuckle when people on other boards discounting this pick up. I am happy to have him. Hopefully we can get Springfellow to switch as well. Then I would be more than happy with our WR class.

He is "looking" again.

He is "looking" again.

I know. And I hope that Quincy and Eric are in his ear. As well as his head football coach which it is my understanding holds Bo and his staff in high regard.

• 1 month later...

From Husker Journal. I like this Gladney kid.

AUGUST 15, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS KEVIN GLADNEY, WR, 6-1, 185, 4.5, AKRON (FIRESTONE), OHIO

“Great To Be A Husker”

“You know it’s going to be great to be a Husker I feel it was a great choice. What I most like about Nebraska is how the coaches treat the players. Everybody is a family and everything. Their facilities are right there. That’s what I like about Nebraska.” Gladney said

Ohio Kids Showing A Second Home

“Nebraska is sort of like family they have 6 from Ohio, I don’t know how many they have but it’s a lot, I like that. It’s kind of different it’s (Lincoln) 14 hours away from Ohio for kids to go to that school, home away from home, but it’s the Big Ten and it’s a good school. And for Ohio kids to go there it shows something about Nebraska.” Gladney said

“Everything was good. Lincoln was a good city to me a good place for me to stay for four years, kind of like how that’s how I picked it.”

“When I talked to Coach Vince Marrow he told me I have a great shot to play early there. He said I’m not 6-1 you’re more like 6-5. I being 6-4 can grab the ball go past the defender.”

Complete Player

“They like how I run my routes,” he says. “And the most important thing I can adjust to the quarterback passes and everything, that’s what they said the most about me, adjusting to the ball.”

“They (NU coaches) said I’m a difference maker, right now I’m at the top of the list for recruits at wide outs. They wanted me all the highlight tapes they watched. I’m the one and that was a big thing and talking to (Tom) Osborne was a big thing ‘like man’. For him (Osborne) knowing about me, like they really want me to be a Husker.” Gladney said

cornhead.gif