SIGNED WR Kevin Gladney

Nexus

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Agreed...Westerkamp will be out there too!! We should have some great receivers for the next few years. Can't wait.

One thing that is hard to get accustomed to is our real ability to "come back" when we are behind. Whatever we want to say about the "good ol' days", that just wasn't happening. Once we got behind much at all, it was very difficult to come back. That has been refreshing this year--to see us use the entire team and make it happen.

GBR

Won't be enrolling early. The staff pretty much told him to just go be a high school senior and that he wouldn't be missing much.

Translation: You will be redshirting!

Since goofing with Enunwa they seem to be pretty conservative about burning shirts and Westerkamp will already be joining the mix. Ya I don't see Gladney playing as a true frosh.

Can't wait to see him playing as a redshirt freshman across from Kenny Bell and Jamaal Turner!!

GBR

No.

Westerkamp please.

No.

Whoever wins the job, please.

While I don't dispute that this is how positions have to be handled, I stand by my statement by saying that I full heartedly believe Westerkamp will lock up that position, and fast. If I recall correctly, Coach Fischer had said as of somewhere through the beginning to middle portion of the season that he had yet to drop a pass EVER in practice. To add to that, I am thrilled that we were able to reel in a player like Mr. Gladney.

Can't wait to see him playing as a redshirt freshman across from Kenny Bell and Jamaal Turner!!

GBR

No.

Westerkamp please.

No.

While I don't dispute that this is how positions have to be handled, I stand by my statement by saying that I full heartedly believe Westerkamp will lock up that position, and fast. If I recall correctly, Coach Fischer had said as of somewhere through the beginning to middle portion of the season that he had yet to drop a pass EVER in practice. To add to that, I am thrilled that we were able to reel in a player like Mr. Gladney.

That's awesome..... Steve Largent like.... Westerkamp is going to jump right into the rotation with the loss of Marlowe and Allen being hurt.

Should have Wullenwaber (Sp?) back too and Brandon Knight is a walkon to keep an eye on.

Back to Gladney, I think he is going to be awesome and sitting out a year will allow him to learn more about the offense and college ball so that when he does get in he will be more ready. Will also allow him more work with QB's to get timing and chemistry down. He will experience less frustration that way...vs guys like Paul, Turner, Arod, T-Moore etc... I am glad the coaches are having him enjoy his HS SR year. Kids are in to much of a hurry to grow up! I also think it's too long of a stretch to a real game if you end up redshirting after coming in early.

GBR

No.

Westerkamp please.

No.

That's awesome..... Steve Largent like.... Westerkamp is going to jump right into the rotation with the loss of Marlowe and Allen being hurt.

Should have Wullenwaber (Sp?) back too and Brandon Knight is a walkon to keep an eye on.

Back to Gladney, I think he is going to be awesome and sitting out a year will allow him to learn more about the offense and college ball so that when he does get in he will be more ready. Will also allow him more work with QB's to get timing and chemistry down. He will experience less frustration that way...vs guys like Paul, Turner, Arod, T-Moore etc... I am glad the coaches are having him enjoy his HS SR year. Kids are in to much of a hurry to grow up! I also think it's too long of a stretch to a real game if you end up redshirting after coming in early.

Isn't Tyler Evans playing WR, too?