DE Joe Mathis [Washington Commit]

Nexus

On the bright side, Joe Mathis said, "The loss won't affect my decision, but it did bother me that they lost." I think he's really hooked on the program. Also said, "Nebraska's pass rush struggles could allow me to come in and provide a boost." Already has 7 sacks in two games for his HS team.

On the dark side, He says he now has real interest in UCLA.. close to home, looks to be up and coming. uh-oh. :hmmph

On the bright side, Joe Mathis said, "The loss won't affect my decision, but it did bother me that they lost." I think he's really hooked on the program. Also said, "Nebraska's pass rush struggles could allow me to come in and provide a boost." Already has 7 sacks in two games for his HS team.

On the dark side, He says he now has real interest in UCLA.. close to home, looks to be up and coming. uh-oh. :hmmph

This is what I was affraid of. Any recruit that was considering both schools might be swayed by the out come of this game.

This is what I was affraid of. Any recruit that was considering both schools might be swayed by the out come of this game.

He didn't say because of the game, he said, because they were one of his childhood teams and was really impressed by the campus.

"Nebraska had a bad day that game," he said. "They are well coached and they are still a good team. I've kind of cooled on them lately. They aren't as high on my list as they used to be. I'm not close to a decision so a lot can happen before then but that's where things stand right now."

Wonder if we have cooled on him because of the grades issue

• 3 months later...