LB Michael Hutchings [USC Commit]

Nexus

We are going after a ton of LB's. I know we need the depth there but are some of these recruits looked at for other positions?

Better question... how do a lot of these LB's have an offer already and Chans Cox doesn't? Just because he's a legacy recruit doesn't mean you can slow play him and piss him off.

We are going after a ton of LB's. I know we need the depth there but are some of these recruits looked at for other positions?

Better question... how do a lot of these LB's have an offer already and Chans Cox doesn't? Just because he's a legacy recruit doesn't mean you can slow play him and piss him off.

Same for Banderas (and Minter). Pick the low-hanging fruit first.

Yeah, but you have to assume that the coaches are telling those guys, "When you get here, we'll have an offer waiting for you". I'd think that if you know can sit down in front of the kid and his parents this spring, and lay the offer out on the table in writing, in person, that has a lot more impact than over the phone or through the mail.

Most, if not all of our offers are to kids who won't be here until next fall (if ever) for an OV, so we need to offer to show that that we are serious about wanting them here. Guys like Cox and Banderas, we do want them just as much, but we KNOW they are coming here for JR day, so let's make it a production.

• Fire 2

Yeah, but you have to assume that the coaches are telling those guys, "When you get here, we'll have an offer waiting for you". I'd think that if you know can sit down in front of the kid and his parents this spring, and lay the offer out on the table in writing, in person, that has a lot more impact than over the phone or through the mail.

Most, if not all of our offers are to kids who won't be here until next fall (if ever) for an OV, so we need to offer to show that that we are serious about wanting them here. Guys like Cox and Banderas, we do want them just as much, but we KNOW they are coming here for JR day, so let's make it a production.

:yeah

Here is why, the instate kids and legacy kids for the most part are told they are getting an offer, in person, at camp. The out of state kids you have to make the offer to get them to come to the camp.

Makes sense. You convinced me.