Now that one season is over, are you happy you left?

Nonregag09

People come to games in Madison for the party, that's well known throughout the country. At these parties we tend to drink a little and drinking is known to lead to asshatery. If you know this, as most football fans do, still choose to visit Madison and then whine about it I can't really feel bad for you.

As far as perception, I don't really care and it doesn't really matter what a few, new-to-the-conference-Husker fans think. Both football teams in the state are widely respected as having some of the best gameday experiences around and that won't change anytime soon.

You should talk to some of the other members of the Big Ten about the bold. It is not even close to the reputation that Madison has, both from folks I've talked to online and every single team that visited Lincoln. Most of the time I didn't even bring it up - just in general conversation about other members of the Big Ten, Badgers fans were mentioned as being some of the worst, and Madison specifically was mentioned as one of the worst places to visit for a game. This was a universal description.

You know I have no reason to intentionally drag you through the mud, so I'm not saying this out of spite or for any reason other than to relate what I heard.

Oh I know its nothing personal Knapp which is why you'll take no offense at me saying anecdotal evidence doesn't prove much.

Numerous sports writers and organizations have recognized the amazing expereince that a gameday in Madison is, and I'm not knocking Lincoln and the Huskers but naturally I'm going to defend my town:

"We love coming here," Herbstreit said. "Every week we're pretty spoiled. But I've played here, I've come in and called a bunch of games, so for me it's always fun to come in here, believe it or not, being an Ohio State guy." - Kirk Herbstreit.

"Watching the Wisconsin faithful last week at Camp Randall "Jump Around" and karaoke "Build Me Up, Buttercup" and "Sweet Caroline" left me wanting more from my Husker home game experiences.

Our atmosphere is good, but it's not Camp Randall good" -Sportswriter Jeff Korbelik, Lincoln Journal Star

ESPN's Scott Van Pelt declares Madison, Wisconsin "America's greatest college sports town"

http://nbcsports.msn...ootball/page/2/ Wisconsin #12 Gameday Experience

http://sportsillustr...10/top_ten0916/ Madison #1 College Sports Town (2003)

http://sportsillustr...t_weekends0916/ Wisconsin #9 Gameday Experience (2004)

http://www.nationalf...day-venues.html Wisconsin #8 Gameday Experience

http://sportsillustr...371/1/index.htm Wisconsin #2 Gameday Experience (2011)

http://www.huffingto...dison_Wisconsin Madison #7 College Football Town (2010)

http://www.budgettra...916.html?page=2 Madison #5 College Football Town

So yea, my point is that plenty of relatively neutral sources recognize the awesome time you can have in Madison and the great people with whom you can spend that time. If you didn't enjoy your trip there I kind of have to assume that you

1. Were an ass and were treated like I would expect any group of drunks to treat a disrespectful visitor.

or

2. You're harboring resentment because you lost.

As far as the gameday experience INSIDE the stadium, it was great so i cant argue with you there. As for your 2 bullsh#t points listed above, they are just that BS. I went with my wife. We were not drunk and we had no reason to be treated like we were (my wife was called a whore on a few occasions) We NEVER said anything in return or to provoke it. There were a few nice people and luckily we sat next to some good people, but outside the stadium was terrible.

I really cant believe you would list the two reasons you did and thats pretty disappointing, your reasoning is that of a 12 year old child. I always respected you more then that, and for you to say that we are saying this stuff because we lost is pretty sh**ty. You should be able to come up with something better to support your school then we beat you and your just mad. Their are alot of people on here basically saying the same thing. Even Tom Osborne got harrassed and called names, pretty pathetic. Maybe you should open your eyes, or atleast say ya we have alot of dbag fans but our gameday atmosphere is really cool, which is the way it is from and outsiders point of view. And you can keep your BS quotes they arent going to treat Kirk the same way they treat a visiting fan, think about what your saying for a second.

I have admitted several times that we have our share of less than hospitable folk, just as every school in the nation and sure, there are reasons you might come away with a bad impression other than the two I listed but I can't help but think that part of it has to do with the high expectation you came in with and the absolute letdown with which you left.

Come up with something better to support my school? I have provided ample evidence that visiting Madison can be, and for most people is, a great experience. I quoted Kirk just to add to my already convincing journalistic evidence in that here you have a man who played for a school most Badgers fans hate with a passion and a man whose own fan base treats him like absolute sh#t and yet he loves going to Madison. If you didn't enjoy it I'm sorry but you are in the minority of visitors to that fine city.

While I'm sure some sources can be found that say the opposite so far no one has produced anything outside of anecdotes and personnel accounts. Ok well I can say the same thing for what I've heard of Lincoln. Moving to Manhattan I've been told awful things about trips to Memorial and Husker fans, does that mean I believe them all? No, because they come from K-State fans...see how that works?

The Big Ten more resembles the Big 8 than the Big XII ever did. So yes, we belong here, and it feels great to be here.

Academically as well as athletically, this was a home run for Nebraska.

WVU can think what they want to think today. They can ask Colorado Fan what it's like being in a conference with Texas, and why they left. They can ask us the same question. They can ask Arkansas, who used to have a great rivalry with Texas, but who doesn't want ANYTHING to do with Texas anymore. At all. Ask WVU Fan what they think of the Big XII in two years. They will be singing a very different tune, guaranteed.

You can ask Texas A&M & Missouri too.

Glad we are leaving the BIG12, but will miss the tournament games in KC.

I know I will miss playing OU, even when it was on a two year basis......but now having weekend match-ups with the likes of tOSU, Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin, that defitnetly outweighs the cons. The conference itself is more stable than the big 12 - evident of the past two off seasons. I think overall it was a great move......will I feel that way 5 years down the road,.......not sure? At least there is a chance now that Oklahoma and Nebraska can play for a BCS bowl and maybe a National Champion game!!

I actually ran into a Texas fan who asked me how was i liking the new conference full of perverts (the wisconsin and penn st. thing)

I'm sorry guys, i couldn't fire back after that shot.

Just because ESPN executives are of consentual age doesn't mean Texa$ isn't perverted.

yeah... I love it. was never comfortable with the big 12. it never felt right

it really didn't, but to this day i can't tell you why........

a combination of a lot of things. things had been the same for so long... then boom .... divisions...conference title games... ties to the orange bowl gone.. rivalries changed........the focus shifted south.

or the main reason, because we only won the conference twice

Isn't that the same amount that Texas has as well?

Apologies on my part for the tone in my earlier posts addressing 4skers89.

Welcome to HB!

My name is Bucky, and as you have seen I enjoy going to town on anyone who slights Wisconsin.

I was born in Wisconsin, so I can say this... My only bash against Wisconsin are their really large people. No , not like walkon Offensive lineman material, but too much cheese, brats and beer large. Everytime I go back to visit it is very apparent. Oh yeah, there is also the issue of the trophy cases of Wisconsin missing a certain trophy as well. No...we will not share... :)

I actually ran into a Texas fan who asked me how was i liking the new conference full of perverts (the wisconsin and penn st. thing)

Well, it couldn't have been for a lack of ammo. Hell, you don't need much when David Wooderson is the spokesperson for your school:

xgb5llq1pm8iqlpb.jpg

The only thing I don't like about it is, I live in Oklahoma, so I had 2 road games right in my back yard. Not so much anymore.

This was the worst thing about it for me..... especially since I moved to Colorado FROM Wisconsin.

If this had happened 20 years ago, I would have been within 3 hours drive of four different road game sites. Then I come out here, and Nebraska plays in Boulder once before they split. At least I got to go there.

Oh well.... Lincoln's only 8 hours for me. I'd rather do that anyway.

I would have responded:

"Well I'd rather be in a conference with a few preverts than one controlled by a dictatorial, self-righteous, egotistical, burnt ornage douche who thinks that the Sun rises and sets around Austin, Texas. And if you really want to have this conversation let's take a closer look at the most over-rated football coach in America, Mack Brown. This is a guy who consistently does less with the most amazing in-state talent to choose from. Finally, let's talk about how your vaunted Longwhorn Network is doing, it was excluded from the national package by a host of content providors in a recent programming agreement. How you like me now?"

It was worth leaving the B12, just to get away from those prima donnas in Texass. They think their crap don't stink, and that they are the whole reason the B12 exists, and that they should be able to dictate to everyone else in the conference.

I will root for anyone that is playing Texass...I had grown to hate them more than I ever hated Colorado. I will however miss the rivalry with Oklahoma, but then they screwed that up with the B12's schedule when we didn't get to play them every year. Looking back, the higher ups at Nebraska was foolish to ever agree to the B12 replacing the Big 8. We would have been so much better off without the Texas teams, and expecially Texass.

Welcome to HB!

My name is Bucky, and as you have seen I enjoy going to town on anyone who slights Wisconsin.

I was born in Wisconsin, so I can say this... My only bash against Wisconsin are their really large people. No , not like walkon Offensive lineman material, but too much cheese, brats and beer large. Everytime I go back to visit it is very apparent. Oh yeah, there is also the issue of the trophy cases of Wisconsin missing a certain trophy as well. No...we will not share... :)

Maybe you shouldn't bash family members on some random sports board! Maybe your family will stop inviting you back after these comments! :)

Glad to have the Huskers in the Big Ten being an OSU fan.

Overall it's a homerun. Midwest school, national fanbase and profile, great history, academics,and the fans are as passionate as they come and they expect excellence(which the Big Ten needs more of)

Really looking forward to the game we play in The Shoe this year and I'm hoping that my alumni tix will be that game. My guess is that it will be a night game.

Hopefully we can keep the rowdyness down. We weren't too kind to Texas fans when they came in but we've done better since. didn't see bad when Miami of Florida or USC came to town.

Welcome to HB!

Maybe you shouldn't bash family members on some random sports board! Maybe your family will stop inviting you back after these comments! :)

The cheese, brats and beer seem to produce some large chesticles though. Mmmmh breast :) . Not a slight on Wisconsin women but what is up with the gap in the front teeth? Worked with a girl from Wisconsin and noticed several while attending the game. Is it the brats and cheese causing this or hereditary or is it just my imagination?