Sanders to USC

lo country

Perhaps if Marvin can mind himself inside the candy store that is USC, we could eventually hire him back in Lincoln down the road (say, when Kiffin moves on or is fired)?

While I'm warming to Raymond somewhat, I would rather have a proven commodity with Nebraska ties when it comes down to it.

As long as Bo and TO are here Marvin won't be back as a coach.

yep and that's a damn shame too.

Sounds old fashioned, but damn, not much loyalty to Carl. "Hey Carl, thanks for the hire after the baggage and all, btw, I quit, heading to USC.

I thought that too. So much for loyalty-guess not, eh?

I guess we could say the same about Carl. He left for a "better" gig. So did Sanders.

Still, like posted above, after giving a guy a shot after the "incident", I would have thought he would have shown more loyalty. Makes you wonder how long he was on Kiffen's radar. Makes Bo's "loyalty" streak all the more a positive trait IMO. At least he is loyal to his staff.

On another note, has anyone seen his salary?

USC sure likes to take our sloppy seconds. First Jordan Congdon, then Gilmore, now Sanders. Gotta say though that Sanders is one hell of a coach and he should fit in well at USC with Monte Kiffin's defense.

Actually I give more credit to the players he had here. He's a solid coach no doubt but he's not the second coming by any means. HIs guys made him look very very very very good. Bo spent as much time helping him as anyone. I think had their not been such a drop off this year (which Marvin would have also had) that his "greatness" would much more debatalbe. I'm not stating he sucked as a coach, I'm just saying he benifited twice from someone elses evaluation of talent.

Damn, give the guy some credit. He had a lot of great players, but not a singe one was proven before he coached them. I don't see how anyone can justify not giving him a HUGE amount of credit for doing a the great job he did here.

Seeing what he did with a guy like O'Hanlon, I don't think it's a given we'd see the same drop off we saw this year.

Sounds old fashioned, but damn, not much loyalty to Carl. "Hey Carl, thanks for the hire after the baggage and all, btw, I quit, heading to USC.

I guess we could say the same about Carl. He left for a "better" gig. So did Sanders.

Still, like posted above, after giving a guy a shot after the "incident", I would have thought he would have shown more loyalty. Makes you wonder how long he was on Kiffen's radar. Makes Bo's "loyalty" streak all the more a positive trait IMO. At least he is loyal to his staff.

Yeah, can't speak on behalf of Carl, but if the tables were reversed, would he want to stay at Florida Atlantic where he could be around mid-Talent or to U$C where you get 5 Start recruits just for sneezing on a monday afternoon?? Staying there for 2-3 years would have been more loyal but would the USC offer still be there?

In the article that I posted there was this mention of salary:

"Why did Sanders leave? While no one has said anything officially, my guess is it could be about the money. Sanders was making less than $150,000 at FAU, and one report said the defensive backs coach could be making a quarter of a million with the Trojans."

I don't know if that's true but if it is-whoo hoo! I'd be going to USC too!

"Why did Sanders leave? While no one has said anything officially, my guess is it could be about the money. Sanders was making less than $150,000 at FAU, and one report said the defensive backs coach could be making a quarter of a million with the Trojans."

No doubt. Kind of goes back to the argument that NU won't/doesn't pay for top assistants.

No doubt. Kind of goes back to the argument that NU won't/doesn't pay for top assistants.

I really wish the game would go in this direction. Head coaches getting 5 million a year while their coordinators make 400k is BS. I'd love to see the extra 1.5 million we pay Pelini distributed to his staff. We'd have some of the best coaches on the sideline money could bring in. To me it's worth 1-2 wins a year, without a doubt.

I think the coaching structure in college football is broken. It's a huge opportunity for NU to be innovative IMO, but they won't do it.