Jason Whitlock apologizes for Jeremy Lin comment

GSG

I knew this wasnt the first time Whitlock said something stupid............

Whitlock announced the departure of his on-line column from ESPN.com's Page 2 in favor of AOL Sports, but initially expected to continue his television work for ESPN. However, after the announcement, Whitlock was interviewed by sports blog The Big Lead, and in that interview, he disparaged two of his ESPN colleagues. Whitlock labeled Mike Lupica "an insecure, mean-spirited busybody", and referred to Robert "Scoop" Jackson as a "clown", saying that "the publishing of [Jackson's] fake ghetto posturing is an insult to black intelligence." Jackson, like Whitlock, is African-American.[citation needed] Whitlock went absent from any ESPN television work. He soon announced to The Kansas City Star readers in September 2006 that he was fired altogether from ESPN as a result of his remarks; he wrote that the company doesn't tolerate criticism and acted as they saw fit.

Maybe he will get fired again.

Not to play devils advocate here but doesn't racism technically have to involve some sort of wording that makes it to seem that one is trying to say that one race is better than another? I never have really thought about it until now, I think the term racism is used pretty loosely.

Racism encompasses many things. Defining a person based on racial characteristics, especially derogatorily, is one of the hallmarks of racism.

Never even heard of this guy.

Be thankful that you havent. Sometimes I see him on Rome or with that Bayless guy on luke warm pizza. I just wanna throw the TV out the window. Seems like everything he talks about somehow ties into "race."

Jason Whitlock is never on First take I watch that show religously.

But seems like a lot of people need to pull that stick outta their ass, way too uptight.

Nights like these I like to let the liqour do the thinking.