Why did all the Badger assistant coaches bail out?

NUance

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why did all the Badger assistant coaches bail out?

They lost six assistant football coaches this year. SIX! OC Paul Chryst; O-line coach Bob Bostad; LB coach Dave Huxtable; TE coach Joe Rudolph; WR coach DelVaughn Alexander; and DBs/ST coach DeMontie Cross. All of them bailed out this year.

This is the most coaches I’ve ever heard of a successful program losing in one year. It begs the question: Did they all leave for greener pastures? Or is Bielema that big of a dick to work for? (Or both?)

But six assistant coaches? Have you ever heard of that many coaches bailing out of a successful program before? I haven't.

Where there's smoke there's fire. That's all I'm saying. I think it's at least partially due to Bielema's douchebaggeryness. (Hey! I invented a word: "douchebaggeryness")

Lou Holthz had high turnover rate in coaches..Nobody wanted to get spit on plus I heard he was a giant ahole

Just ask Jason Peter about his views on Holtz..........

I first read about it in "Under the Golden Dome" about how he treated injured players like they were contagious..And how T.O was immediately there for Jason/Christian's little brother even though we lost the recruiting battle for him.

Lou Holthz had high turnover rate in coaches..Nobody wanted to get spit on plus I heard he was a giant ahole

Just ask Jason Peter about his views on Holtz..........

I first read about it in "Under the Golden Dome" about how he treated injured players like they were contagious..And how T.O was immediately there for Jason/Christian's little brother even though we lost the recruiting battle for him.

That's pretty much the jist of it...................Holtz just ignored the younger Peter brother once he was injured (and was of no use to him) and T.O. was still willing to help him big time even AFTER he spurned us for N.D.............

But six assistant coaches? Have you ever heard of that many coaches bailing out of a successful program before? I haven't.

Where there's smoke there's fire. That's all I'm saying. I think it's at least partially due to Bielema's douchebaggeryness. (Hey! I invented a word: "douchebaggeryness")

My thoughts too. I asked a coworker who's father is a booster. He said that they just left for better jobs. I even mentioned that I had heard Bielama is a butthead. He hadn't heard anything to that effect or that it caused friction within the coaching staff. I'm wondering where this perception that he is a douchebag comes from. He seems like a decent, well spoken bloke during interviews.

BB can definitely be douchey to people outside of the program, I don't know how he is as a boss but in my experience people don't tend to turn that quality off. That said I really do think most of them just left for the money or because it was the next step up on the coaching latter in their careers. If you're making hints that there's some kind of scandal brewing I don't know. I don't get that vibe at all. If you think its because BB is a douche then hey so be it.