Corey Raymond a candidate at LSU?

Nexus

Our coaches shouldn't coddle players. Raymond sends a strong message and tells players they have to raise their level because they can't simply get by on athleticism, and we get all offended by it like he said bad things about our mother or something. I don't get it -- most of us have the same opinions about our secondary talent anyways.

Coaches don't throw players under the bus, they're coaches, they're not players' equals and they are the ones in a position to criticize when they need to. I don't understand that angle of it either.

Raymond sends a strong message and tells players they have to raise their level because they can't simply get by on athleticism

That's, like, the opposite of what he said. He said his guys are not athletic enough, and they need to get better athletes through recruiting. Which I don't agree with, we have plenty of good athletes in our secondary, they just haven't been developed. I'm not saying Raymond can't do it, it's not fair completely dismiss him as a coach after one year, but it does rub me the wrong way that he's so quick to make excuses.

Hm, then he said both. I remember we've been over this before and I forgot about the recruiting part, but I do remember he specifically said that they can't rest on the past laurels of our secondary because they weren't those guys that graduated, those guys being gone now.

I guess it really came off the wrong way, eh?

The struggles though, the lack of development, that is not on Raymond. Those guys who were waiting in the wings got scant playing time because when Raymond wasn't here, we played our seniors all the time instead of using some of it to develop the backups. And we honestly did just lose a lot. Marvin would have had the same issues.

Hm, then he said both. I remember we've been over this before and I forgot about the recruiting part, but I do remember he specifically said that they can't rest on the past laurels of our secondary because they weren't those guys that graduated, those guys being gone now.

I guess it really came off the wrong way, eh?

The struggles though, the lack of development, that is not on Raymond. Those guys who were waiting in the wings got scant playing time because when Raymond wasn't here, we played our seniors all the time instead of using some of it to develop the backups. And we honestly did just lose a lot. Marvin would have had the same issues.

Seeing how much Green improved gives me hope for Raymond. I hope he ends up staying and proving himself here. Hope he learns to take some of the blame instead of putting it all on his players in the process. Whether he's right or not, that's just not good coaching.

He will promote from within. We will get stuck with another guy with no experience at the position who will learn on the fly (and at the expense of the Huskers) and have folks saying "well in (add years here) this guy will be good for us. Give him his recruits, his scheme, his whatever.......

I was not a big fan of Raymond all year. Did the DB's really improve or did Fonzie coming back force teams to only use half the field in the passing game. Raymond does seem to be a "technique" guy which is a plus for the kids. Seems ;\lack of "technique" is possibly going to hurt Fonzie in the draft. I liked his opinion of our "talent". Unsure if it was a knock or a motivation tool, but regardless, he finally echoed what every poster on this board thinks/thought after watching some of our DB play. Didn't like the musical chirs at DB either. Whose call was that? Bo, Raymond, Carl? Maybe the mad hatter has offered to allow Raymond to coach his guys as he sees fit. No micro managing.

Marvin is not coming back. Won't happen in any of our lifetimes.

Raymond appears to be a great recruiter. If he leaves, this is the capacity we will miss him the most.

Not getting a pay raise has to raise some questions. His comments after the bowl game leaves me wondering if he and Bo are on the same page.

Is this a continuation of the "smart bomb" thread? Carl "leaves" for a new job. Now Raymond possibly "leaving"???? Graceful way to be "fired".

A few weeks before spring ball is a bad time to try and find a tried and true DB coach. Sadly, money is an option as we don't pay for assistants.

IMO, another Oh crap moment in the program.

A new DC, new D Line coach, possibly new DB coach...........awesome.

Raymond lost three Nfl draft picks this year. Marvin didn't go a good job of developing depth behind them.

There is talent in the backfield at NU.

He will promote from within. We will get stuck with another guy with no experience at the position who will learn on the fly (and at the expense of the Huskers) and have folks saying "well in (add years here) this guy will be good for us. Give him his recruits, his scheme, his whatever.......

I was not a big fan of Raymond all year. Did the DB's really improve or did Fonzie coming back force teams to only use half the field in the passing game. Raymond does seem to be a "technique" guy which is a plus for the kids. Seems ;\lack of "technique" is possibly going to hurt Fonzie in the draft. I liked his opinion of our "talent". Unsure if it was a knock or a motivation tool, but regardless, he finally echoed what every poster on this board thinks/thought after watching some of our DB play. Didn't like the musical chirs at DB either. Whose call was that? Bo, Raymond, Carl? Maybe the mad hatter has offered to allow Raymond to coach his guys as he sees fit. No micro managing.

Raymond appears to be a great recruiter. If he leaves, this is the capacity we will miss him the most.

Not getting a pay raise has to raise some questions. His comments after the bowl game leaves me wondering if he and Bo are on the same page.

Is this a continuation of the "smart bomb" thread? Carl "leaves" for a new job. Now Raymond possibly "leaving"???? Graceful way to be "fired".

A few weeks before spring ball is a bad time to try and find a tried and true DB coach. Sadly, money is an option as we don't pay for assistants.

Raymond lost three Nfl draft picks this year. Marvin didn't go a good job of developing depth behind them.

Corey Raymond doesn't think so.

Our coaches shouldn't coddle players. Raymond sends a strong message and tells players they have to raise their level because they can't simply get by on athleticism, and we get all offended by it like he said bad things about our mother or something. I don't get it -- most of us have the same opinions about our secondary talent anyways.

Coaches don't throw players under the bus, they're coaches, they're not players' equals and they are the ones in a position to criticize when they need to. I don't understand that angle of it either.

Beginning of the year he spoke to lack of technique, the end of th year he spoke to lack of athleticism.

When folks criticize players, certain factions say we are not at practice, the film room etc as a way to invalidate comments. When a coach, who is at practice, is in the film room etc says we are lacking, folks say he is throwing the kids under the bus. Can't have it both ways.

I agree with you. I am glad he said it. I have said it before and will again, we will never be better than a 3-4 Los teams if some of our starters are walkons. You can't win the MNC with kids that no other teams wanted. It sounds harsh, but true. Folks can point to the days of TO, BUT there were no schollie limits, he had a freshman team with like 200 kids not to mention prestigious bowl after bowl after bowl, playing for a conference title every year and the MNC more times than I an remember.

Again, if Bo's Schemes are so complicated that a cerebral giant starts over a "better" player that is an issue.

Maybe after no pay raise and Raymond's real or perceived lack of talent at NU he wanted out. Maybe he put some feelers out. As much as I love nd bleed Husker red, reality might be that it is not the crown jewel of jobs many of us think it is. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to ply/coach here, but I am a Nebraska kid so I see things like many of you do.

• Fire 3

Corey Raymond doesn't think so.

Exactly. And he is at practice, in the film room, on the recruiting trail, at the games, played DB in the NFL, but what does he know.

Beginning of the year he spoke to lack of technique, the end of th year he spoke to lack of athleticism.

When folks criticize players, certain factions say we are not at practice, the film room etc as a way to invalidate comments. When a coach, who is at practice, is in the film room etc says we are lacking, folks say he is throwing the kids under the bus. Can't have it both ways.

I agree with you. I am glad he said it. I have said it before and will again, we will never be better than a 3-4 Los teams if some of our starters are walkons. You can't win the MNC with kids that no other teams wanted. It sounds harsh, but true. Folks can point to the days of TO, BUT there were no schollie limits, he had a freshman team with like 200 kids not to mention prestigious bowl after bowl after bowl, playing for a conference title every year and the MNC more times than I an remember.

Again, if Bo's Schemes are so complicated that a cerebral giant starts over a "better" player that is an issue.

Maybe after no pay raise and Raymond's real or perceived lack of talent at NU he wanted out. Maybe he put some feelers out. As much as I love nd bleed Husker red, reality might be that it is not the crown jewel of jobs many of us think it is. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to ply/coach here, but I am a Nebraska kid so I see things like many of you do.

Raymomd didn't deserve a pay raise based on last season.....

You don't think Marvin developed guys? Really? Say what you will about his meh recruiting but the guy was a superb coach and player shortcomings this season weren't on his head.

You don't think Marvin developed guys? Really? Say what you will about his meh recruiting but the guy was a superb coach and player shortcomings this season weren't on his head.

I like/liked Marvin. I wish he was still here. Look at what he accomplished in 2003. I think Marvin did a great job. Unsure if he developed guys while they were waiting, but once they became starters, forget about it. They were ready to play.

Assuming Raymond bolts for LSU, it'll be interesting to observe the rumor mill concerning his replacement. I'm curious who Bo even has on his radar? I know most would welcome back Marvin Sanders but I'm not sure how realistic that is considering the circumstances of his resignation.

Look for some standout High School coach from Ohio --- or... someone else with little or no college-level coaching success... that seems to be where Bo hires

Assuming Raymond bolts for LSU, it'll be interesting to observe the rumor mill concerning his replacement. I'm curious who Bo even has on his radar? I know most would welcome back Marvin Sanders but I'm not sure how realistic that is considering the circumstances of his resignation.

Look for some standout High School coach from Ohio --- or... someone else with little or no college-level coaching success... that seems to be where Bo hires

if that got us 3-4 top 250 recruits from the area each year...it would likely be worth it. where I have a problem is Bo looking to Hastings College, or New Mexico State Pen. for his staff. Bo doesn't interview, Bo doesn't search...he's got a list w/ a heading "I can get along w/ these guys" - and that list is dwindling with each passing season.

does anyone else notice staff turnover is beginning to be an issue for Bo? and unfortunately the turnover isn't the weak link.