Checking in with Cody Green

n.e.husker

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120228/BIGRED/702289829/-1#green-hopes-it-s-his-time-in-tulsa

As the scout-team quarterback at Tulsa last season, Cody Green mimicked such high-profile signal-callers and Golden Hurricane opponents as Kellen Moore, Brandon Weeden, Landry Jones and Case Keenum.

He's ready to just be Cody Green again.

"I can't express the anxiousness that I have to work with these guys for an entire spring and summer, then to go out in the fall and compete," Green said Tuesday.

"It's going to feel like a huge weight off my shoulders. They finally break the chains off of me and let me go out and play."

Tulsa starts spring practice next Tuesday looking for a replacement for three-year starter G.J. Kinne at quarterback. Green is the most intriguing candidate based on being a transfer from Nebraska who played two seasons and started four games for the Huskers.

Hope he does well in his two years in Tulsa.

http://www.omaha.com...s-time-in-tulsa

As the scout-team quarterback at Tulsa last season, Cody Green mimicked such high-profile signal-callers and Golden Hurricane opponents as Kellen Moore, Brandon Weeden, Landry Jones and Case Keenum.

He's ready to just be Cody Green again.

"I can't express the anxiousness that I have to work with these guys for an entire spring and summer, then to go out in the fall and compete," Green said Tuesday.

"It's going to feel like a huge weight off my shoulders. They finally break the chains off of me and let me go out and play."

Tulsa starts spring practice next Tuesday looking for a replacement for three-year starter G.J. Kinne at quarterback. Green is the most intriguing candidate based on being a transfer from Nebraska who played two seasons and started four games for the Huskers.

Hope he does well in his two years in Tulsa.

So do I. He gave up the second half of his senior year for the Huskers, and it just didn't work out. I wish nothing but the best for him

Cody interviewed on Schick and Nick this morning:

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=111&c=991&f=333901

You should be able to find it there. Good long interview. I was kind of fading in and out doing some paperwork, but I've always liked Cody, and I think he was very classy in the interview. Does not seem to hold any grudges against us or anybody that coached him here.