Nexus

SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Gosh. He is a total package.

Just so we're all clear... :24. That was a catch, two stiff arms, a hurdle, and 20 YAC and after contact against what I'm assuming to be a bunch of Division 1 prospects based on the league he plays in.

Wow.....that was amazing. Literally EVERY play is a highlight reel play! Dare I say he is a mix of AA and B Heard.....this kid is something special!

Lets get him!

This was honestly the best highlight film of a RB I have ever seen. He can do everything there is to ask from a runningback, and he has a 9th gear in his arsenal. He makes everyone else look like they are running in sand. He looks like he could be a serious threat in the return game as well.

I see an Aaron Green that likes getting the ball out of the shot gun. Slight Reggie Bush that doesn't mind contact. Hell of a football player.

All I want for Christmas is #34. Occasionally you see a running back who appears to have eyes in the back of his head, the speed to accelerate or decelerate as needed, and power to run through arm tackles. He's the kind of back that can make an O coordinator think about running on 3rd and long.

How is this kid not a 5 star across the board?

better question. How is he a 3* on some boards?

I can see some of the knocks on him. He bounces outside and relies a ton on his speed which he can do currently. Bored at work and I just realized something from him tape, he's almost like Taylor Martinez in running back form with some one on one moves. Seeing this kid run zone reads with Armstrong or Stanton is going to be crazy.

Gosh. He is a total package.

Just so we're all clear... :24. That was a catch, two stiff arms, a hurdle, and 20 YAC and after contact against what I'm assuming to be a bunch of Division 1 prospects based on the league he plays in.

Yeah, but he didn't score. :sarcasm

Wow.

I haven't followed recruiting all that closely for years, its just too unpredictable, but I must say... after watching those highlights, we need to pick this guy up. Difference maker... Although those defenders tackled like the blackshirts in the CCG.

I want this kid bad!

Seeing him running that zone read and toss sweep, he will have a hayday here!

Latest on Newby from 247 sports:

Link:

http://nebraska.247s...st-Coast-106598

The Husker staff has been pushing for Newby since his first visit in June for Big Red Weekend. The running back had a great time on the unofficial visit and then came back for an official visit in September. It appears Nebraska is still No. 1 for Newby and his family, even after UCLA made an offer this fall.

Sources close to the Bruins recruitment say Newby is target of interest but he’s viewed more as a luxury than a straight need. UCLA stopped by for an in-home visit on Wednesday

The article stated that Newby is not concerned with depth and competition. The more I read on this kid, the more impressed I am with him and putting him in the rotation with a back like Taylor, wow!!!

Won't decide until January and that is another reason to really like this kid. He's taking his time and keeping family involved.

Nebraska has really turned into RBU lately. Running Back University. There are not many other schools with a RB squad as good as ours, and I love it. Now hopefully our O-Line commits can help us get better in the trenches to help them out even more.

While we've been good at runningback, I'd probably lean toward Alabama. Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson in the pros, both first rounders. Now they have Eddie lacy and TJ Yeldon who both hit 1,000 yards this season.

What are those rbs doing in the pros though?

That's a moot point, IMO. What matters is that the university shares credit in helping them make it to the NFL. Whether they're a success or a bust in the NFL can't be attributed to the university. That falls on the individual and the organization that drafted him.

Starting for Cleveland and New Orleans.

:lol:

Was it their choice into which team they got drafted?

New Orleans is pretty respectable.

But, Cleveland drafted him because he's good so they got him early.

15th in the NFL in yardage is pretty damn good for a Rookie in Richardson.

Yeah I laughed and +1'ed you because it's pretty obvious that Ingram and Richardson are both pretty awesome RBs. Richardson will probably become one of the best backs in the NFL in the next few years. Eddie Lacy will be a 2nd or 3rd round pick and will at least contribute on an NFL team. And Yeldon will probably end up being one of the best of the entire group. Bama is impressive.

Yeah I laughed and +1'ed you because it's pretty obvious that Ingram and Richardson are both pretty awesome RBs. Richardson will probably become one of the best backs in the NFL in the next few years. Eddie Lacy will be a 2nd or 3rd round pick and will at least contribute on an NFL team. And Yeldon will probably end up being one of the best of the entire group. Bama is impressive.

I didn't get the sarcasm on that, my bad.

Thanks man!

Can you please commit today? We need some good news

And can you play any D tackle?

At this point, it doesn't really matter what position he plays. We just need some good news

Can you please commit today? We need some good news

And can you play any D tackle?

At this point, it doesn't really matter what position he plays. We just need some good news

a80z.gif

WTF??? Racism doesn't have anything to do with it.

Look at the shape of the face, smile, eyes...

Right when I saw the first picture, I thought it looked like someone I had seen before. I finally figured it out.

WTF??? Racism doesn't have anything to do with it.

Look at the shape of the face, smile, eyes...

Right when I saw the first picture, I thought it looked like someone I had seen before. I finally figured it out.

I was just joking man

OK....

I bet you look like Ben Affleck, all white guys do

You look like a young Marvin Hamlish.