Biggest Areas of Need for the 2013 Class

Well Taylor did develop a pretty nice slide last season so the chances of catastrophic injury is as negligible as possible. However, Taylor could have Darth Maul and Darth Sidious cut off his legs with their lightsabers and Bo would tape Taylor's legs back on and send him out there rather than play Carnes. At least that's the impression I get. I sure as heck hope that Tommy Armstrong is as good as advertised because we desperately need some quality backups and right now we've got zilch. I don't want to sound like I'm writing Carnes off it's just that I simply do not believe Bo when he says he and the rest of the coaches have confidence in him. It's coach speak at it's best or worst depending on how you look at it.

• 2 months later...

Thought this deserved a bump. This year sure is different than last year as far as feeling secure about our QB recruit! We put a lot of hooks in the water and have yet to reel in a fish of any size. I put the question out there in another thread as far as how many QBs we would take this year. I even ventured a guess of 3. Now I hope we get 1 of our top guys. I know we are losing targets left and right while we hold out hope for Kincaid. What happens if we miss out there? It's my understanding that two months ago, Devante wasn't on our radar and now he's the guy that's left. What's next?

evidently a big area of need is long snapper. My father-in-law is a high school coach and got this email just sent to him from a third-party service:

Hello Coach,

The U of Nebraska has contacted our coaching network. They are looking to scholarship a long snapper for the 2013 class if they find the right guy. They are having a kicking, punting, and snapping camp in Lincoln Sunday, June 10th and Monday, June 11th. I know this is a little last minute, but if you have any top scholarship caliber long snappers that are willing to make the trip to Lincoln in order to potentially earn a scholarship offer, please pass this information along to them. It would be an advantage for the guys to attend their camp, because they could evaluate them in person. More detailed camp information is available on their website huskers.com.

Otherwise if they CANNOT make the trip please send me their contact information and I can try to coordinate a chance for them to talk or be in contact with each other.

evidently a big area of need is long snapper. My father-in-law is a high school coach and got this email just sent to him from a third-party service:

Hello Coach,

The U of Nebraska has contacted our coaching network. They are looking to scholarship a long snapper for the 2013 class if they find the right guy. They are having a kicking, punting, and snapping camp in Lincoln Sunday, June 10th and Monday, June 11th. I know this is a little last minute, but if you have any top scholarship caliber long snappers that are willing to make the trip to Lincoln in order to potentially earn a scholarship offer, please pass this information along to them. It would be an advantage for the guys to attend their camp, because they could evaluate them in person. More detailed camp information is available on their website huskers.com.

Otherwise if they CANNOT make the trip please send me their contact information and I can try to coordinate a chance for them to talk or be in contact with each other.

Got their guy. Welcome aboard Gabriel Miller!

• Fire 1

obviously Pelini is looking for safeties to come in and play right away. We now have two with McWilson and Gerry. Heard on the board that Dixon will play CB. We do have a couple more offers out there, including a JUCO, which Bo has been able to do wonders with at the position.

Here's an article about Nate Gerry with a quote from Pelini:

“He told Nate, ‘Our plan for you is to play you early,” said Brian Gerry, head athletic trainer at Augustana. “He said they had two seniors who were safeties and a junior who’s a good player, but after that they were looking for Nate to be part of the future of their defensive backfield."

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20120619/COLUMNISTS0104/306190011/1002/SPORTS

• 2 weeks later...