Vegas odds on the National Championship..

Just returned from a quick trip to Vegas and found some interesting and conflicting stats on the mythical national championship…

Since we have a number of Whisky fans frequenting this board, I compared Wisconsin and Nebraska at a couple of places…

At Caesars, Huskers opened in January at 30-1 and have dropped to 35-1, while Whisky opened at 40-1 and have dropped to 65-1. ??

Conversely, at the Luxor both opened at 50-1 but the Badgers have remained the same while the Huskers IMPROVED to 40-1.

You have to wonder how what Luxor feels as improving odds stands in conflict with Caesars reading as diminishing odds.

(Although they are now coalescing around roughly the same ending area)

Just found it interesting…..

I hope you're right Chaddy but I simply don't see it. Under Bo Nebraska typically losses two road games and another to an unranked team at home. Could 2012 be the year that breaks that trend? Possible but I wouldn't place any bets on it.

Yeah, we'll drop a couple tough games that we aren't expected to win. And like you say, we'll probly get beat by a creampuff too. Last year it was Northwestern. Two years ago, Washington (bowl). In '09 it was Iowa St. Let's hope that trenddoesn't continue.

I hope you're right Chaddy but I simply don't see it. Under Bo Nebraska typically losses two road games and another to an unranked team at home. Could 2012 be the year that breaks that trend? Possible but I wouldn't place any bets on it.

But heck if I was in Vegas I'd drop a C-Note on the Huskers to win it all. At 50+ odds to 1? I know it's a longshot but if it comes through that's a payday right there.

your funny

• Fire 2

But heck if I was in Vegas I'd drop a C-Note on the Huskers to win it all. At 50+ odds to 1? I know it's a longshot but if it comes through that's a payday right there.

your funny

Meaning I'd place a bet just in case the off chance of Nebraska winning the national title were to happen. But I wouldn't bet anyone say you for example that NU will win it all. But yeah with 50+ to 1 odds why not drop a C-Note? At best that's one weekend where I don't go out. :waste

I completely understand why UW dropped, it makes sense considering what happened in January, the loss of the coaches and all.

As far as NU the discrepancy between Caesar and Luxor doesn't make sense but I don't bet and so that part of Vegas is kind of a loss to me. Maybe Luxor accounted for UW losing coaches, and said "one less obstacle for NU" and upped your odds?

This topic got me interested in Vegas lines. Like I said, I'm not a betting man and don't pay much attention to lines so I have no idea what sites are reputable or how odds are even determined.

What moves them? Say if Oregon State's odds are 200/1, and if everybody that bets for the next month takes those odds and bets that the Beavers will win it do the odds improve?

Anyhow I see from here that Bovada, whoever that is, has UW at 40/1 and NU at 35/1. Their top three makes sense to me: LSU, So Cal and Bama. Some of the rest are confusing; Florida State, ND, Michigan, Florida and Texas all have better odds than both our teams. I just don't see any of them taking it but like I said...I don't understand Vegas.

"Vegas Insider" has us both at 35/1. No idea how old that is though.

I'm telling ya and I've been saying this since the season ended....NEB is only losing 1-2 games in the regular season in 2012. This will be Pelini's best season to date, count it. Toughest opponents: Michigan and Ohio St.

It's 2013 - this year is just a step towards that. The backs need work behind Rex. No more 38 carry games. If Choi/A-Rod are running even on that starting spot, A-Rod needs to be starting, he'll need that experience next year. JT needs to be on the field as much as possible, regardless of Marlowe who will be gone. Compton/Whaley holding down starting spots on the LB is great - but we need to be planning on replacing them from day 1. We've got a lot of key seniors to replace, otherwise that schedule is set up 2007 Kansas style.

This year can certainly have some successes...but it's still about 2013 IMO. 2013 against a Robinsonless Michigan squad.

your funny

It's a much more interesting way to win big than to spend $104 a year on a twice-weekly powerball ticket and hope you, your cousin, and your dog all get struck by lightning.

I'm telling ya and I've been saying this since the season ended....NEB is only losing 1-2 games in the regular season in 2012. This will be Pelini's best season to date, count it. Toughest opponents: Michigan and Ohio St.

Hasn't this kind of been the consensus since 2003? I seems like I hear this same thing every year. Maybe not, just seems familiar.

I'm sticking with 4 losses no matter how many games we play, I need to be proven otherwise.