Trayvon Martin and "Stand Your Ground" in FL

ABC News is the original source that obtained the police video of Zimmerman arriving at the police station after the Trayvon Martin incident.

http://abcnews.go.co...llance-16024475

Yeah, I'm thinking the whole 'Zimmerman was defending himself' argument just went out the window. If this is indeed video of Zimmerman immediately after the Trayvon Martin incident, it shows nothing of the wet, grass-stained clothing, broken nose, or cuts and bleeding to the back of the head that supposedly existed per the Police Report.

I guess the question is...why are the police covering for Zimmerman? No drug/alcohol test, a (likely) falsified police report of the attack, Trayvon's body sitting in the police morgue for three days w/o letting his own parents know while it was drug and alcohol tested.

This isn't adding up well.

+1

Yeah, I'm thinking the whole 'Zimmerman was defending himself' argument just went out the window. If this is indeed video of Zimmerman immediately after the Trayvon Martin incident, it shows nothing of the wet, grass-stained clothing, broken nose, or cuts and bleeding to the back of the head that supposedly existed per the Police Report.

Or maybe the EMTs that treated him on the scene...actually treated him.

Good lord people, just because the Martin family attorney points off in a random direction and shouts "LOOK!" that doesn't mean you have to immediately run off and start frantically searching the ball that he pretended to throw.

Remember when everyone was screaming it was clearly a racist cover up because Zimmerman was never taken into custody?

• Fire 1

Or maybe the EMTs that treated him on the scene...actually treated him.

Good lord people, just because the Martin family attorney points off in a random direction and shouts "LOOK!" that doesn't mean you have to immediately run off and start frantically searching the ball that he pretended to throw.

Remember when everyone was screaming it was clearly a racist cover up because Zimmerman was never taken into custody?

Do EMTs on the scene generally wash the blood out of your scalp and send you on your way? I guess I'm just curious.

The newly released video is interesting...it doesn't to seem to exhibit the injuries that were originally reported. However playing devil's advocate, one of the officer's appears to be getting a good look at the back of Zimmerman's head and his nose still could be broken in the video. Just because his nose isn't gushing blood everywhere does not mean it is not broken. I assume that when a person is treated my medical staff, the staff would clean you up a bit. Having never been in a similar situation, I don't know what the standard operating procedure is.

If in fact Zimmerman was treated at the hospital as previously reported, I assume some record would have been kept and the staff would be subpoened if this goes to court. If these records were brought forward I think it would shed some more light on the alledged attack on Zimmerman.

Do EMTs on the scene generally wash the blood out of your scalp and send you on your way? I guess I'm just curious.

Generally the area would be wiped down if for no other reason than to make sure any potential injuries are identified & cleaned/treated.

It's been reported that Zimmerman declined to be transported to the hospital for further treatment but I have no idea how accurate that is (the incident report merely says he was treated and then brought to the station after the medical team cleared him. It is also being reported that he was treated the next day for the broken nose, again I have no idea if that is true or not.

Generally the area would be wiped down if for no other reason than to make sure any potential injuries are identified & cleaned/treated.

It's been reported that Zimmerman declined to be transported to the hospital for further treatment but I have no idea how accurate that is (the incident report merely says he was treated and then brought to the station after the medical team cleared him. It is also being reported that he was treated the next day for the broken nose, again I have no idea if that is true or not.

I'm not an EMT so I don't know the exact procedures. That said, I think that it would probably be likely that the EMTs would bandage or cover bleeding wounds. Maybe we have someone here who can chime in.

Those medical reports will come out and will help clear up some pretty muddy waters. Right now there's so much blank space it's nearly impossible to come up with any conclusion. Way too many people deciding on this situation, one side or the other, without enough facts.

A lot of people are making their decisions based on their morality. Like I questioned earlier, "Regardless of the law in Florida, even though he may have been assaulted, is it even morally right for him to respond by shooting and killing Trayvon, something we know for sure happened?"

Basically, we don't know if Zimmerman was assaulted, but we do know that Trayvon is dead and that Zimmerman used his gun to kill him. That is what we know and that is why so many people are jumping to the defense of Trayvon.

A lot of people are making their decisions based on their morality. Like I questioned earlier, "Regardless of the law in Florida, even though he may have been assaulted, is it even morally right for him to respond by shooting and killing Trayvon, something we know for sure happened?"

Basically, we don't know if Zimmerman was assaulted, but we do know that Trayvon is dead and that Zimmerman used his gun to kill him. That is what we know and that is why so many people are jumping to the defense of Trayvon.

Plus we know that Martin was armed with nothing more than a bottle of tea and a bag of skittles.

It's now been 35 days since this incident happened, 35 days. My question is if they haven't found enough evidence to simply make an arrest by now, will they ever? I can't imagine there being too much new evidence left to uncover?

Sharpton's actions in all of this are just sickening. The whole idea that a group of people, through extremely emotional mass action, should be able to cause serious action by law enforcement is wrong. How is that any bit different than a lynch mob?

We have a society of laws and while we haven't created a perfect system its one of the best this world has seen in the history of our species. Let it run its course. If you disagree, sue the guy or move to change the law but all this "civil disobedience" and protesting to get Zimmerman charged is a joke.

If they end up caving to Sharpton and charge Zimmerman because of public backlash...well...it'll be a sad day for our justice system.

Sharpton and Jesse make money when black people riot and send money to their causes. They love having their faces in front of a camera. Unfortunately they also get a few stupid white people to feel guilty. A word to all blacks. I will take you seriously when you solve your own problems. White people have poured trillions of dollars in welfare rat holes and nothing has changed. Still, you say it isn't enough. You tell me you are so underpriveleged but you can still afford the latest phones and your cars have shiny rims and tires. The 21st century version of the welfare Cadillac. You complain that your kids can't do well in school but they have few in home fathers to show them how to enjoy reading or math. Your teens rebel and join gangs trying to learn how to be a man, but they have no men to pattern after. There is 10 times more crime commited by blacks on whites than white on black, yet you whine incessantly when it does happen. You maim and kill each other at a higher rate than white on black murders yet you think whites should defend you? Grow up and be a part of the country rather than being the huge drain on society.

Plus we know that Martin was armed with nothing more than a bottle of tea and a bag of skittles.

...while carl comes fully loaded with red herring.

You forgot to mention he was wearing a hoodie which is how we know it was a racially motivated incident.

Sharpton and Jesse make money when black people riot and send money to their causes. They love having their faces in front of a camera. Unfortunately they also get a few stupid white people to feel guilty. A word to all blacks. I will take you seriously when you solve your own problems. White people have poured trillions of dollars in welfare rat holes and nothing has changed. Still, you say it isn't enough. You tell me you are so underpriveleged but you can still afford the latest phones and your cars have shiny rims and tires. The 21st century version of the welfare Cadillac. You complain that your kids can't do well in school but they have few in home fathers to show them how to enjoy reading or math. Your teens rebel and join gangs trying to learn how to be a man, but they have no men to pattern after. There is 10 times more crime commited by blacks on whites than white on black, yet you whine incessantly when it does happen. You maim and kill each other at a higher rate than white on black murders yet you think whites should defend you? Grow up and be a part of the country rather than being the huge drain on society.

Let's take a moderate approach to both sides. Sharpton and Jackson should know that the actions of one white person do not represent the actions of all white people and we should know that the actions of a few black people don't influence the view of all black people. Each side has its hypocrites and idiots.