Trayvon Martin and "Stand Your Ground" in FL

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta be honest I miss that. I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!

http://www.myspace.com/onlytobekingagain

Zimmerman's old MySpace account.

How old was he when he wrote that? Lots of people write things when they're younger that they regret as they age.

I don't know. It's not like this could ever be used in this case. It does seem to shade the father's comments a bit.

And it's odd considering how the defense was painting him as this "Hispanic victim" for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

From ABC:

Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation.

From MSNBC:

The official report, prepared by the medical examiner in Volusia County, Fla., also found that the 17-year-old Martin had one other fresh injury – a small abrasion, no more than a quarter-inch in size – on his left ring finger below the knuckle.

From ABC:

Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation.

From MSNBC:

The official report, prepared by the medical examiner in Volusia County, Fla., also found that the 17-year-old Martin had one other fresh injury – a small abrasion, no more than a quarter-inch in size – on his left ring finger below the knuckle.

Fox News is confirming what ABC has said, so it must be false :sarcasm

Are we going to see a "Duke Rape Case" level of mistaken rush to judgment by the press in this case? That medical report makes you wonder.

One thing, though - even with these injuries, and the possible corresponding injury to Martin's hand, Zimmerman was a fool to follow this kid. Let the police do their work.

Are we going to see a "Duke Rape Case" level of mistaken rush to judgment by the press in this case? That medical report makes you wonder.

One thing, though - even with these injuries, and the possible corresponding injury to Martin's hand, Zimmerman was a fool to follow this kid. Let the police do their work.

Bingo... In the end, 911 told him not to follow him, they told him to stay where he was etc... Stand your ground or not, he was told to stand down and did not, I dont think he is as "guilty" as the media and politicians made him out to be, but he isn't innocent either...

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2012/05/16/george_zimmerman_medical_report_details_injuries_after_confrontation_with_trayvon_martin.html

A single gunshot wound to the chest fired at "intermediate range" killed Trayvon Martin, according to an autopsy report submitted to the court.

George Zimmerman had a broken nose, two black eyes, and two cuts on the back of his head the day after he shot and killed Trayvon Martin, according to a medical report from his family doctor.

The report boosts Zimmerman's claim that he was injured in an altercation with Martin, leading to the teenager's shooting death. But it does little to directly contradict the prosecution's assertion that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation after profiling the 17-year-old African-American.

CNN published a pic of the back of Zimmerman's head. It's nothing you haven't seen if you've watched Bruce Willis in Diehard or any one of a hundred similar movies, but all the same I'm putting it in a spoiler in case some are queasy.

zimmermanhead.jpg

IF Zimmerman prevails (and since none of us were there, we are left to believe only what the justice system eventually tells us), it begs a few questions:

1. Are the folks who went on TV and openly called for retaliation against whites prosecutable?

2. Will the mainstream TV "journalists" who rushed to judgement even attempt to apologize?

3. Will the members of congress who rushed to judgement even attempt to apologize?

IF true, it does remind us of the Duke case, and we can ask who (outside of the prosecutor) paid any penalty for their part in inflaming the situation?