The Nebraska Performance Lab.

This video is pretty cool stuff. I can't wait for it to be up and running. There are going to be some sweet things going on in East Stadium. Looks like it is going to involve a lot of people from the University to local health care providers etc. Really interesting!

These are the things we have to have in our sports programs to have a leg up on the competition. It, as well as top notch fan support, 2nd to none tradition, and a flat out psychological edge, are the things that make up for the supposed shortcomings in talent, recruiting, in-state talent to draw from and so on. This is the kind of advantage we had in the 90's. Boyd Eppley and Jack Stark. Pure, brute outdoing people in strength and conditioning as well as psychologically. Everyone started to catchup and pass us over the past decade, but this put's us back at the top in that category.

Paraphrasing Mickey Joseph a couple of weeks ago, regarding his cousin Terry Joseph:

"I can see him (Terry) being what Jack Pierce was for T.O. A strong recruiter that could get talent out of the south to come to Nebraska and make another national title run like they did in the 90s."

^^ My last post might seem out of context relative to this thread, so I apologize, but the point I was trying to make with that post is that recruiting is still crucial to our well-being for on-field success along with the technological upgrades we're seeing on-campus.

The sideline scanning would be interesting. I wonder how they are going to be able to complete brain scans in real time. I assume there will not be in-helmet technology. Probably just too expensive to do. But there could be a large MRI type booth.

Fun side effect:

If it worked we could market them as Pelini "Privacy" Booths©. "Hey ref, step in to this booth so I can make sure you truly understand why I am screaming at you!" Take that ESPN!