Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

93.7 The Ticket interviewed Jahlil Okafor today.

He says facilities will have a big influence on his college decision.

"I visited North Carolina. I visited Duke," the 6-foot-10, 280-pounder said Thursday. "Those campuses were great. But I think Nebraska has the best facilities, definitely."

Continue Reading

loved everything about the interview, he still most likely wont come here, but its nice to get us on the national spotlight a bit

I think he has legit interest in Nebraska.

http://www.google.co...188&tx=76&ty=55

I am not expecting the guy to come here, but there is definitely interest.

Some guys would rather make their own legacy instead of follow in footsteps, maybe Okafor is one of them.

I really think landing a good 2013 class with at least one Mac Irvin Five guy is important to get Okafor here. Get a guy he is comfortable with in here and if he sees legit momentum for the program Okafor could actually be in the realm of possibility.

Imagine the 2014-2015 season with Agua and Okafor at PF and C....Imagine the blocks!

And I know I am way way way ahead of myself right now, just too much fun to picture in my head to ignore.

Some guys would rather make their own legacy instead of follow in footsteps, maybe Okafor is one of them.

I really think landing a good 2013 class with at least one Mac Irvin Five guy is important to get Okafor here. Get a guy he is comfortable with in here and if he sees legit momentum for the program Okafor could actually be in the realm of possibility.

Imagine the 2014-2015 season with Agua and Okafor at PF and C....Imagine the blocks!

And I know I am way way way ahead of myself right now, just too much fun to picture in my head to ignore.

Who is Water? Agau? just giving you a hard time :P

If Jermaine Morgan is allowed to opt out of his LOI at CSU then we'll likely have one Mac Irvin representative this coming fall. When he committed to CSU last year he mentioned wanting to open up a Chicago pipeline into Ft. Collins. Now that Chin Coleman is at Nebraska, it's believed that Morgan wants to come to Nebraska since Chin was the reason why he chose to play at CSU. I've already said earlier in this thread that I'd be surprised if Morgan isn't a Husker come fall. He's key to helping the staff open up that Chicago pipeline here at Nebraska.

Joshua Cunningham is feeling the love from Husker nation.. tweeted last night:

@joshMCunningham---- So much love is being shown right now from #bigred #GOBIGRED

Honestly at the end of the day the facilities and coaches will get us only so far.. the fan support that the football team has enjoyed for years might be making a turn to the Basketball side.... That would be EPIC!

I can't believe this. The second rated recruit in the nation has Nebraska as definitely a potential school. I doubt that he is actually coming, but I still can't believe we even got that far with someone like this.

We couldn't even do it in football

He will have a list of 10+ schools who are "potential schools," we will end up getting lost in the mix.

I can't believe this. The second rated recruit in the nation has Nebraska as definitely a potential school. I doubt that he is actually coming, but I still can't believe we even got that far with someone like this.

We couldn't even do it in football

He will have a list of 10+ schools who are "potential schools," we will end up getting lost in the mix.

I offer a different perspective. I think this was an eye opener for them and I am glad they enjoyed the visit and left with a good impression. The Nebraska basketball situation offers an opportunity no other schools can offer so I would think we would be highly considered when they get to that part of the process months from now.