Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

Is Miles this good of a recruiter? If we land these kids...that's unbelievable.

The visit with all of these kids was due to Coach Coleman, an assistant he brought over from CSU. He has big time connections to the Chicago area, where he coached an AAU team for a long time. That same AAU team was the one that visited, I believe.

• Fire 1

Is Miles this good of a recruiter? If we land these kids...that's unbelievable.

The visit with all of these kids was due to Coach Coleman, an assistant he brought over from CSU. He has big time connections to the Chicago area, where he coached an AAU team for a long time. That same AAU team was the one that visited, I believe.

Nice. I haven't been able to catch up on some beloved Nebrasketball for a while and it seems like there is some exciting news to hear for a change. Maybe this AAU team can warm up TO to the organization a little bit.

Nice. I haven't been able to catch up on some beloved Nebrasketball for a while and it seems like there is some exciting news to hear for a change. Maybe this AAU team can warm up TO to the organization a little bit.

hope so as it appears the only way to be competitive is to first be competitive within the AAU recruiting ring.

I think TO's concerns about AAU have been overblown. But I also think that, at least with this specific AAU program, he already has warmed up to it. He met with the kids while they were here, and told them they'd never had anything like this on campus before. That's got to be a great statement to these kids that an icon like that would take the time to meet with them. Now, somebody around them might have to explain exactly who the man is, but other than that, that makes an amazing statement to me about TO's commitment to building a winning program.

I think TO's concerns about AAU have been overblown. But I also think that, at least with this specific AAU program, he already has warmed up to it. He met with the kids while they were here, and told them they'd never had anything like this on campus before. That's got to be a great statement to these kids that an icon like that would take the time to meet with them. Now, somebody around them might have to explain exactly who the man is, but other than that, that makes an amazing statement to me about TO's commitment to building a winning program.

While I wouldn't expect the players to know who T.O. is, at least their AAU coach, Walt Woghiren, who was responsible for transporting them to Lincoln understood the significance as evidenced by this tweet:

Breakfast, then headed meet the legendary Tom Osborne #GoBigRed #Nebrasketball

LINK

Sterling Brown is a name to keep an eye on. He was one of the kids that made the trip to Lincoln last weekend and received an offer. He apparently outplayed Rivals #1 ranked player in his high school state finals game recently.

"Brown was the best player on the floor in the state championship game. He took it right to Jabari Parker and the argument can be made that he outplayed him. Brown has tremendous versatility as well as toughness and plays with confidence. He has also made significant improvement with respect to his perimeter shooting. As a result, we now have absolutely no doubt that he will be a high major wing."

LINK

Also wanted to post the new Rivals 150 basketball rankings that were posted today. It's the updated rankings.

Notable names on the list:

#1 Jabari Parker (obviously) since he has connections to our assistant coach, Chin Coleman through the AAU team. He doesn't have a Nebraska offer yet though.

#22 Kendrick Nunn plays on same high school team as Parker, but different AAU team. Currently holds a Husker offer.

#37 Semi Ojeleye has a Husker offer, but it was Sadler who offered him.

#118 Johnathan Motley also has a Husker offer that was given by Sadler.

#131 Matt Thomas was the first prospect Tim Miles offered as Husker coach.

#150 Jaron Hopkins knows and likes Tim Miles since he has a CSU offer. He told Rivals a few weeks ago that he hopes to hear from Miles again and wants to learn about Nebraska.

• Fire 2

Sterling Brown is a name to keep an eye on. He was one of the kids that made the trip to Lincoln last weekend and received an offer. He apparently outplayed Rivals #1 ranked player in his high school state finals game recently.

I would love to see this kid playing in Lincoln in a heartbeat. Supposedly he is better and further advanced than his brother was, and Shannon was a pretty damn good player.

I would love to see this kid playing in Lincoln in a heartbeat. Supposedly he is better and further advanced than his brother was, and Shannon was a pretty damn good player.

If he's anything like Shannon, a superb athlete, NU would greatly benefit with someone like this, haven't had in a long time.

93.7 The Ticket interviewed Jahlil Okafor today.

He says facilities will have a big influence on his college decision.

"I visited North Carolina. I visited Duke," the 6-foot-10, 280-pounder said Thursday. "Those campuses were great. But I think Nebraska has the best facilities, definitely."

Continue Reading