Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

According to the paper, Kevin Thomas (6' 7" from Palm Beach College in Florida) will be visiting SOON. (I didn't mean to imply he was coming Sunday.....poor wording on my part)

It's just that Thomas (a previous Texas commit) is also from Toronto.

I know that we need big men and can't be to picky, but is 6'7 tall enough? Is he projected at a 4-5 spot?

He is number 25. I think the 6'7 is legit and it could be more. This film is from 2010 so he's probably a bit bigger and may be taller.

Imo, he's capable of playing the 3 or 4 spot (inside or outside). He has very good quicks and athleticism. He's definitely talented. Wouldn't match up against a Center but I think he would be fine against most 4's. He might have trouble guarding bigger 4's but they certainly would have trouble guarding him because he could take them on the dribble or shot it from outside and his quicks allows him to score inside like Bernard Day.

Miles seems to like players that can play multiple positions. It gives his offense versatility I think.

If we get Atewe as the primary inside guy and this guy as a forward to play alongside of him, I would be ecstatic!

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately from what I read a couple of weeks ago it sounds like we are not recruiting Thomas anymore. The talk was he is too close in body type to what we have. I think they are looking for more post-type players. (larger/stronger)

True PF/C vs a SF/PF type

That is correct. The original thoughts were we were gonna take a couple big bodies. It now seems like we are set on Atewe or the new JUCO that has emerged. Leslee or something like that.