Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

Nebraska leads for top International prospect Tai Webster:

Robin Washut@RobinWashut

New Zealand's top player of 2013 could be a lock for #Nebrasketball. More info here ($$$):

http://nebraska.riva...&fid=&tid=&mid=

Tai Webster's Rivals profile:

http://rivals.yahoo....-Webster-143233

This could be a HUGE pick up for Coach Miles.

Here's the limited highlights I could find:

:koolaid2:

• Fire 1

Wow. This kid has quite the credentials. Would be nice to get him.

Webster & Hawkins in the backcourt. Fuller on the wing. Just need to get 1 or 2 bigs now.

If we sign 2 point guards/combo guards for next year, I would like to see Biggs play this year. We sure could use him

I agree we could use him, but i think that would hurt our chances (at least not help) our chances of getting Akoy. Plus in previous interviews, Biggs has said numerous times that he made sure he could redshirt this year before committing, so I don't see any circumstance where he would change his mind.

I tweeted about Akoy needing to join Fuller and Hawkins for a 3-peat and Akoy retweeted me.. as did Hawkins.

I honestly think Akoy is going to end up here. We will have a class of Akoy/Fuller/Hawkins and start a strong core!

I don't know if we get Akoy, I certainly hope that we do. But doesn't it seem odd that a guy who has not committed/maybe not going to NU was showing around another one of our recruits and new commits?

We are so going to the tourney within the next few years.

I like the enthusiasm, even though we are probably only at the cautious optimism stage. We have thought that many times in the era of Doc and before (even last year before the season started). We still need to secure a few top notch players before we completely drink the Miles kool-aid. It sure would be great though!

Nexus is definitely going to need to work some o.t hours to get caught up on the past few weeks.

Nexus is definitely going to need to work some o.t hours to get caught up on the past few weeks.

Maybe he is waiting until we get the LOI's - guess he could put "Nebraska verbal commit" in the meantime if he wanted to do that so we can keep track. The other commits on the list were able to sign right away so this is really the first time we've had to wait for it to be concrete.

Maybe he is waiting until we get the LOI's - guess he could put "Nebraska verbal commit" in the meantime if he wanted to do that so we can keep track. The other commits on the list were able to sign right away so this is really the first time we've had to wait for it to be concrete.

he's been on vacation, he's gone for a month.

There is an article in the OWH that Akoy is heavily considering changing schools for his last year in HS to one in Maryland. It is also very close to GTown. He also mentions the pressure everyone is putting on him to go to NU. I think that most will agree that if he does leave, that will pretty much end our chances. It might not be all bad, his ego seems to be getting bigger and bigger now with possibly leaving his Omaha teammates and coaches.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120817/PREPZONE/708179846/1001#central-s-agau-ponders-move-to-maryland-school