Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

I think it is to soon to get to excited considering we have yet to secure a commitment of any kind for the 2012-13 season or beyond. Okafor would be a great get no doubt, but would most likely be 1 year and done / NBA player, so getting a couple 3 stars might be better in the long run.

I don't see any way Okafor is a one and done..........way too unpolished for the league.

Would be a GREAT get for us, though......

But you have to think, he's probably only 16

I am surprised that Miles hasn't offered Rashad Vaughn. He is a Minnesota shooting guard that is lights out.

Miles has offered Vaughn. Look at the first page that has the offers listed. He is on the list and when the link is clicked; it shows him with an offer from Nebraska.

Ah, missed that. I was looking at the ESPN profile and we weren't listed there. Then again that's ESPN for you!

Thanks!

Here's a new name for you Joe Chealey

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0728/orlando-aau-report-friday/#more-13065

I think it is to soon to get to excited considering we have yet to secure a commitment of any kind for the 2012-13 season or beyond. Okafor would be a great get no doubt, but would most likely be 1 year and done / NBA player, so getting a couple 3 stars might be better in the long run.

I don't see any way Okafor is a one and done..........way too unpolished for the league.

Would be a GREAT get for us, though......

But you have to think, he's probably only 16

Exactly........that's why I think he won't be a one and done..........too young and as of yet........not league ready. Doesn't mean he won't get there eventually though, and I hope he makes it by matriculating through NU....

Nick Fuller says that it is down to Nebraska and Minnesota.

Sweet!! Has he made it down for a visit yet? I can't remember but I see he has an official for the end of August

He hasn't visited yet, but his OV is at the same time as Josh Browns.

Looks like it could come down to Top Notch NU Facilities vs. having a national championship coach (Tubby Smith). Maybe Fuller and Brown can help sway each other when they visit. Big Red needs to be out in force that day!

Looks like it could come down to Top Notch NU Facilities vs. having a national championship coach (Tubby Smith). Maybe Fuller and Brown can help sway each other when they visit. Big Red needs to be out in force that day!

Some MN fans want Tubby gone and think he is slipping. I honestly think that NU might have a brighter Basketball future than the goofs... But then again, they have history and some studs already... Probably just being a homer.