Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

From an article it sounds like Chin was assured a spot on Miles staff but depending upon how the hiring went he could end up as a DOBO or an Asst. I think he bumped when Harriman hired on. It's all about timing. I don't know if the following is true, but this is my perception of the events.

When the hiring began Coach Miles said he wanted 1 assistant with Big 10 ties. He got that with Ben Johnson who played for Minnesota. Hot young coach with some experience and recruiting ties.

Coach Smith then joined Nebraska when CSU hired Eustacy as Head Coach. Smith has been Miles right hand man since the beginning and is an experienced assistant. He is reported to be very good with game planning and scouting and a good recruiter so it makes sense that he became an assistant. Then it got down to the Eric Strickland interviews. I think they were liking what they were hearing. If Eric was hired Chin would of been an assistant and Eric the DOBO but then Coach Harriman popped on the radar before those interviews were done. Harriman was to good to pass up. Experienced assistant with great recruiting ties both aau and internationally. His Aussie ties could payoff big time. There's a couple of franchise aussie prepsters (underclassmen) that would be awesome. His hire made it tough for Miles to give Chin an assistant spot because while Chin has some great recruiting ties and is a good teacher. He doesn't have as much college level experience as the others. The best way to leverage his strengths was to make him a DOBO, especially with the new recruiting rules.

I think if one of the other coaches were to leave then I think Chin would get promoted up and it could be that Strickland ends up as DOBO then. Of course it all depends upon timing and how far out those events are.

I think the new recruiting rules also helped make that decision.

This is my current wish list for 2013 verbals. This fills all 5 spots.

1) Davis

2) Nunn

3) Fuller

4) Hanson

5) Agau

What about Sterling Brown? From all the video and feedback from his camps, it definitely seems like he should be in our Top 5 want list.

Wish we had individual recruiting profiles of our offers like we have for football. Would make this much easier to follow as opposed to having to scroll back in this thread.

1) Davis

2) Nunn

3) Fuller

4) Hanson

5) Agau

What about Sterling Brown? From all the video and feedback from his camps, it definitely seems like he should be in our Top 5 want list.

Wish we had individual recruiting profiles of our offers like we have for football. Would make this much easier to follow as opposed to having to scroll back in this thread.

Wish more people would be involved in Nebrasketball, we have lots of threads with barely any posts, we should make it mandatory to post a few in basketball to gain access to the football board

1) Davis

2) Nunn

3) Fuller

4) Hanson

5) Agau

Sterling would be good, but I felt Nunn and Fuller would be a good combination. Who would be your other 4 with Sterling?

New Rivals 150 posted today. Akoy Agau upgraded to 4* and ranked 90th.

Other notable prospects with Husker offers:

Semi Ojeleye #36

Kendrick Nunn #37

Jaron Hopkins #64

Kyle Davis #105

Kyle Washington #120

Sterling Brown #128

Dwight Coleby #138

Johnathan Motley #144

Former Husker commit Imara "I.J." Ready made the 150 cut coming in at 148.