Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

Would you guys like to see Miles build this team with top talent that may only stay a year or two or with guys that with be 4 year guys in more of a mid major mold.

While I am totally supportive of the Miles hire and I believe he will lead us to more than just "respectability", I think it is a bit premature to put us in the running for the "one and done" level talent every year.

Not saying we shouldn't be shooting for those guys, but my expectations are a little more modest early on.

Love to be wrong though.

Assuming Chin bolts for Illini, I wouldn't be surprised if Erick Strickland gets another look from Miles. Shortly after Strickland's first interview (he was interviewed twice by Miles) he went on the Schick & Nick show and told them he felt his strength would be in player development instead of being a bench coach. Coincidentally Chin is Director of Player Development here at Nebraska.

Assuming Chin bolts for Illini, I wouldn't be surprised if Erick Strickland gets another look from Miles. Shortly after Strickland's first interview (he was interviewed twice by Miles) he went on the Schick & Nick show and told them he felt his strength would be in player development instead of being a bench coach. Coincidentally Chin is Director of Player Development here at Nebraska.

Agree. I think Strick would hear his phone ringing if we lost Chin.

Agree. I think Strick would hear his phone ringing if we lost Chin.

I dont think he can replace Chin in the recruiting department... I bet Miles goes for another AAU coach in the Illinois area.

I understand it's a mercurial world and loyalties don't resonate like they used to................but to bolt BEFORE completing even a first season wouldn't speak to much as a professional decision...............

Ehh we did the exact same thing to Indiana football with Corey Raymond. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he bolts. It is what it is.

Miles had a chance to make Chin an assistant coach and chose not to. We cannot hold it against Chin if he wants to be become an assistant coach and help his career. I wouldn't be surprised if Chin stays if next year Miles reevaluates and possibly makes him an assitant coach next year.

According to Illinois blogs, Chin is one of the three candidates that they are looking at so it is not a sure thing that he will be offered.