Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

Figured we could keep track of basketball offers in this thread. I'll update the first post as new offers come in. As with the football recruiting section, I'll only post links of offers that are either committed to Nebraska and/or NOT committed elsewhere. If you hear of an offer (preferably with a link) then feel free to post it and I'll update the thread.

EDIT: The * next to names are offers that went out during Sadler's tenure.

2012 Recruiting

G Deverell Biggs :star :star :starNEBRASKA COMMIT

F Markus Crider GEORGIA STATE COMMIT

C Sergej Vucetic NEBRASKA COMMIT

2013 Recruiting

*F Johnathan Motley :star :star :starBAYLOR COMMIT

*F Akoy Agau :star :star :star :star

*F Semi Ojeleye :star :star :star :star DUKE COMMIT

G Matt Thomas :star :star :starIOWA STATE COMMIT

*C Sam Edwards :star :star :star

F Tory Miller :star :star :star

G Kendrick Nunn :star :star :star :star ILLINOIS COMMIT

F Alex Foster :star :star :star

G Kyle Davis :star :star :star :star DAYTON COMMIT

G Sterling Brown :star :star :star

F Zach Hanson CREIGHTON COMMIT

G Jaron Hopkins :star :star :star :star COLORADO COMMIT

G Nick Fuller :star :star :starNEBRASKA COMMIT

F Soma Edo

G Wes Clark :star :star :starMISSOURI COMMIT

F Dwight Coleby

F Alvin Ellis :star :star :star

G Sam Singer :star :star :star

F Vitto Brown :star :star :starWISCONSIN COMMIT

G Ikenna Iroegbu :star :star :star

G Josh Brown :star :star :starTEMPLE COMMIT

G Nathan Hawkins :star :star :starNEBRASKA COMMIT

G Tai Webster NEBRASKA COMMIT

2014 Recruiting

C Jahlil Okafor :star :star :star :star :star

F Josh Cunningham

G Paul Turner :star :star :star

F Paul White :star :star :star :star

G Ja'Quan Newton :star :star :star :star

F Reid Travis

G Rashad Vaughn :star :star :star :star

G Tyus Jones :star :star :star :star :star

2015 Recruiting

F Alex Illikainen

G Kevaughn Allen

• Fire 8

I just hope that CSU does a nice thing and releases Jermaine Morgan from his LOI since Miles has left. One of Chin's boys

http://rivals.yahoo.com/coloradostate/basketball/recruiting/player-Jermaine-Morgan-97429

Just a gut feeling here, but I'd be surprised if Morgan isn't a Husker come fall.

It's no coincidence that Colorado State is suddenly recruiting a bunch of Chicago players.

New assistant coach Ron "Chin" Coleman left Young to join the Rams' staff, and he's bringing Young forward Jermaine Morgan with him.

Morgan, a 6-foot-7 senior, is not a big scorer, but his rebounding, defense and hustle attracted offers from Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois-Chicago, Loyola, Detroit and La Salle.

"I went on a visit last weekend and felt it was the best fit," Morgan said. "He (Coleman) was a factor. I've known him for so long. It's always good to go somewhere where you can trust someone. It would be nice to get a couple more Chicago guys down there."

Continue Reading

Kind of a tangent off this thread…………but can anyone spell out the recruiting restrictions in place right now?

I am assuming that to protect the “level playing field” time constraints of those still playing, that recruiting contacts cannot occur or be initiated until after the championship game is over….?

Also, what is the time frame for spring recruiting and when is the early signing date…?

Finally, what about “working players out” (as Miles would perhaps want to take a personal look at the talent level of his inherited roster). Are there restrictions on working with those players currently on campus, but out of season? I believe a few years ago, the ncaa relaxed a few of the rules for up to 4 at a time for the off-season…..or something similar…

Appreciate any info……….Thanks………

Here's an interesting little site with a composite of info.

http://verbalcommits...s/jaron-hopkins

Little dribbling display by Ready.

We need big guys in the worst way. Need to sign at least 1 for the spring, then maybe bring in a couple of transfers or get 2 recruits that are C/PF types. Akoy needs to be a priority target this fall as one of those. Then I think we get a guy that can score from the outside like (Thomas or Semi). Then a combo guy like Jaron or Wilbut.

I like the Biggs offer as he is an explosive athlete that can defend. It takes some pressure off of having Parker trying to be the main guy as a freshmen. Plus Corey

didn't get much development in with his injuries. This should allow Gallegos to slide over to the 2. It also should help with Akoy&Central players if Biggs enjoys a successful year.

Need to get a big guy though....and an outside threat....and another big guy....