Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

GREAT THREAD! I have always wanted to be able to follow basketball recruiting more closely. I love what Coach Miles is doing... He is making a statement and getting some talent in the door.

I know the next 2 years will be rough... but i honestly think we will be in the dance in 2015!

The NIT?...

CBI is still a dance right??? who cares if it is with your fat ugly cousin..

#Dancingshoeson

Akoy has said if UCONN offered him they'd be hard for anyone to beat, which I took as 'Nebraska has no shot.' However, if they are really as close as Biggs makes it sound, I'm changing my mind a bit. If Miles can make it happen, it won't matter that they only win 5 games next year, people will be jacked.

This might have changed after yesterdays ruling by the NCAA committee regarding UCONN's post season ban.

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/18325360/uconn-banned-from-postseason-in-2013-due-to-poor-academic-standing

Akoy has said if UCONN offered him they'd be hard for anyone to beat, which I took as 'Nebraska has no shot.' However, if they are really as close as Biggs makes it sound, I'm changing my mind a bit. If Miles can make it happen, it won't matter that they only win 5 games next year, people will be jacked.

This might have changed after yesterdays ruling by the NCAA committee regarding UCONN's post season ban.

Link: http://www.cbssports...ademic-standing

Either way UCONN is the best place to go in the country for kids like Akoy. They thrive on the ultra athletic African big men with limited offensive skills. If they offer it would be tough to turn down I would imagine.

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/18325360/uconn-banned-from-postseason-in-2013-due-to-poor-academic-standing

Not sure how much of an impact considering he will be senior in HS when this is occuring.

Either way UCONN is the best place to go in the country for kids like Akoy. They thrive on the ultra athletic African big men with limited offensive skills. If they offer it would be tough to turn down I would imagine.

If this is actually the case then Georgetown is where he should go. They are another team that thrive on the African big men and won't be banned from the post season.

Was on the CSU board seeing if they were close to picking their HC as I suspect we will be going for Smith, anyway a poster there said Miles had some interest from a JUCO big man back in late March. Speculation was it was one of these 4.... Maybe a group to watch.

http://magicvalley.c...19bb2963f4.html

Paul Egwuonwu & Gerson Santo intrigue me the most. Maybe Almedia will be a draw for Santo....

http://magicvalley.c...1cc4c002e0.html

Cothron has the most talent but has had some troubles....

http://magicvalley.com/sports/csi-basketball-cothron-cool-for-southern-idaho-basketball/article_92750562-70b5-11e1-85c9-0019bb2963f4.html

I started looking through some okie lite stuff, since that's Biggs other school... I'm not so sure he's a lock for NU. The kid definitely knows how to play to his audience, no doubt about it. Also heard a Nebraska recruiting guru - can't remember which one right now - say he talked to Biggs and he wouldn't even give the edge to NU, let alone the driver's seat that we all seem to think they are in.

If this is actually the case then Georgetown is where he should go. They are another team that thrive on the African big men and won't be banned from the post season.

If he doesn't end up at Nebraska, then I hope he is a Hoya...either way, I am happy

Benny Parker led all scorers last night in the Missouri vs Kansas all star game. He had 20 points in 15 min of action.

Tweeked his ankle alittle bit. Our son has a classmate that played in the game (Garrett Lowe) he talked to him last

night and said he is one of the fastest kids he has seen on the court. Could have a good one here.

Shields scored 14

• Fire 1

Benny Parker led all scorers last night in the Missouri vs Kansas all star game. He had 20 points in 15 min of action.

Tweeked his ankle alittle bit. Our son has a classmate that played in the game (Garrett Lowe) he talked to him last

night and said he is one of the fastest kids he has seen on the court. Could have a good one here.

Shields scored 14

Sweet thanks for the info. Shades of T.Lue huh? Gotta like Mr Shields as well.

I started looking through some okie lite stuff, since that's Biggs other school... I'm not so sure he's a lock for NU. The kid definitely knows how to play to his audience, no doubt about it. Also heard a Nebraska recruiting guru - can't remember which one right now - say he talked to Biggs and he wouldn't even give the edge to NU, let alone the driver's seat that we all seem to think they are in.

The biggest draw towards OKie Lite is easier admissions. Deverell has some work to do in the classroom to meet the required credits needed.

The biggest draw towards OKie Lite is easier admissions. Deverell has some work to do in the classroom to meet the required credits needed.

Oh no................not Roburt Sallie.......part deux...........??

Biggs' mom really wants him to come home so she can watch him play. That was straight from the horses mouth on Friday. I hope he likes to make his mom happy.