Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

Former Omaha Central all-state guard Deverell Biggs said Thursday night that of the two college basketball scholarship offers he is considering, Nebraska leads Oklahoma State.

"I really want to take my visit to Nebraska," said Biggs, who played this season at Seward County (Kan.) Community College. "I'd like to come home and play. It would be a dream for an Omaha guy to come back and play in front of the people he knows."

That isn't Biggs' only dream.

He would like to team up again in college with Omaha Central all-state center Akoy Agau, who just finished his junior season and has drawn national recruiting interest.

"Me and Akoy are very close," Biggs said. "He wants to play with me again, and I want to play with him again. We're talking about that now."

Continue Reading

Akoy has said if UCONN offered him they'd be hard for anyone to beat, which I took as 'Nebraska has no shot.' However, if they are really as close as Biggs makes it sound, I'm changing my mind a bit. If Miles can make it happen, it won't matter that they only win 5 games next year, people will be jacked.

Former Omaha Central all-state guard Deverell Biggs said Thursday night that of the two college basketball scholarship offers he is considering, Nebraska leads Oklahoma State.

"I really want to take my visit to Nebraska," said Biggs, who played this season at Seward County (Kan.) Community College. "I'd like to come home and play. It would be a dream for an Omaha guy to come back and play in front of the people he knows."

That isn't Biggs' only dream.

He would like to team up again in college with Omaha Central all-state center Akoy Agau, who just finished his junior season and has drawn national recruiting interest.

"Me and Akoy are very close," Biggs said. "He wants to play with me again, and I want to play with him again. We're talking about that now."

Continue Reading

Very positive news starting to surround this program..........

It will be nice if it starts becoming official next Wednesday.........

GREAT THREAD! I have always wanted to be able to follow basketball recruiting more closely. I love what Coach Miles is doing... He is making a statement and getting some talent in the door.

I know the next 2 years will be rough... but i honestly think we will be in the dance in 2015!

The NIT?...