Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

Marcus Crider, a recruit that we had an offer to for the 2012-13 season committed to Georgia State in May. I checked a few different sources and they all confirm it. He is also listed on their official athletic website as being on the roster for the upcoming season.

http://www.pantherta...-markus-crider/

Please update the master list with his school pick when you have time.

We are losing players to Georgia State..........? :facepalm:

Thats my exact thought.

Well...maybe he figured that he would never play much for us?

http://kentucky.247s...erformers-82105

Nice to be in the mix with Okafor and Jones!!!!

Also Elijah Thomas is a 2015 recruit who mentioned Nebraska in his list of schools. (Long list :) )

The fact that they want to play together is pretty exciting. Now usually thats what a lot of these kids will say and then choose what's best for them. But holy hell could you imagine if Nebrasketball picked up two 5 star kids? ESPN would think the world is going to end.

I think it is to soon to get to excited considering we have yet to secure a commitment of any kind for the 2012-13 season or beyond. Okafor would be a great get no doubt, but would most likely be 1 year and done / NBA player, so getting a couple 3 stars might be better in the long run.

If we can get two 5-star kids who want to play together... offer them a great platform and also offer to take on a few of their friends/teammates as well. We can afford to take on a few nobodies to bring in two studs.

I agree I want to build this team with guys who wont leave after 1 year but if we can get 2 big time kids to come in and at least get some exposure, that will help greatly in getting other recruits.

I think it is to soon to get to excited considering we have yet to secure a commitment of any kind for the 2012-13 season or beyond. Okafor would be a great get no doubt, but would most likely be 1 year and done / NBA player, so getting a couple 3 stars might be better in the long run.

I don't see any way Okafor is a one and done..........way too unpolished for the league.

Would be a GREAT get for us, though......

No it wouldn't. We've been playing with 3 star guys all of Barry's and docs years and look how that's turned out. A couple of one and dones would bring winning and interst into this program and that's what we need.

I do appreciate the discussion. We have not had many 3-stars in the past (atleast not playing together) and I'm not disagreeing that they both wouldn't be a huge get. I see the collective point you are making. It is just a long shot for either so I'd make sure we focus attention on the 3-4 star recruits - as I think 3-4 years of being a higher level in our league would do more to boost recruiting than 1 year of a top player who then leaves.

I think we'd all take either at this point, but now we need Miles and staff to secure commitments.

I do appreciate the discussion. We have not had many 3-stars in the past (atleast not playing together) and I'm not disagreeing that they both wouldn't be a huge get. I see the collective point you are making. It is just a long shot for either so I'd make sure we focus attention on the 3-4 star recruits - as I think 3-4 years of being a higher level in our league would do more to boost recruiting than 1 year of a top player who then leaves.

I think we'd all take either at this point, but now we need Miles and staff to secure commitments.

The reason it doesn't seem like we've had many 3 star recruits is because in whatever sense Doc had he was continuously bringing in JUCO's and having a new team every year. Now JUCO's usually don't get "stars" so thats hard to judge. But in any case (as Miles has stated) we need to focus on bringing in only kids from high school so they can build some chemistry. When you bring new players together every year, it ruins any chance of how well a team can work together. It is a very long shot to pick up Jahlil or Tyrus, and I'm not expecting to get either of them, however if we could somehow bring in a few guys like these, it's a chain reaction. Even if they are a one and done. But like you said, right now it's probably more important to get solid kids who want to be in the system for 3 or 4 years. Then just build from there. I just don't want to get into the cycle of bringing in 3 star guys every year and not being able to get over the hump. Eventually we will need to bring in a good name to spark this program. Jahlil would be it. For 2013 we need to really focus on bringing in a few of those Mac Irvin Fire kids. If we could bring in two of them (maybe even the weaker ones that don't have as many scholarships) I have a feeling each year we could grab another one, because they are all friends. If we have any chance for Jahlil we need to bring in a kid from Chi for 2013.

I am surprised that Miles hasn't offered Rashad Vaughn. He is a Minnesota shooting guard that is lights out.

Miles has offered Vaughn. Look at the first page that has the offers listed. He is on the list and when the link is clicked; it shows him with an offer from Nebraska.