Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

It is obvious he wants schollies from all the big schools.

I actually see this helping the Huskers. He moves away from home.. starts missing his family.. plays with the best and against the best and realizes" Maybe i would rather be a big fish in a little pond than a big fish in a HUGE pond"

That is an interesting take on it. I'm starting to be over Akoy playing here. I understand he needs to do best for him, but if he can leave his HS teammates and coaches that have been with him over 3 years, then that does not speak to a team mindset.

We need recruits that really want to be here and bleed Husker red. We've had too many that have been halfway into it (Diaz comes to mind among others). At this point, I'm thinking I'd rather have two Ubel's then one Akoy. A shift in culture is just as important as an upgrade in talent.

It is obvious he wants schollies from all the big schools.

I actually see this helping the Huskers. He moves away from home.. starts missing his family.. plays with the best and against the best and realizes" Maybe i would rather be a big fish in a little pond than a big fish in a HUGE pond"

That is an interesting take on it. I'm starting to be over Akoy playing here. I understand he needs to do best for him, but if he can leave his HS teammates and coaches that have been with him over 3 years, then that does not speak to a team mindset.

We need recruits that really want to be here and bleed Husker red. We've had too many that have been halfway into it (Diaz comes to mind among others). At this point, I'm thinking I'd rather have two Ubel's then one Akoy. A shift in culture is just as important as an upgrade in talent.

What says he doesnt want to play for the Huskers?

He is not leaving the state of NE because he doesnt want to play for the Huskers, he wants to go get better at a highschool.

I dont get why people are so offended by this... He is doing this to play against more talented people and get better.

It is 5 scholarships that we have open for next year. In previous interviews, Miles said that he wants to sign at least 4 and then either use or hold the 5th depending on who the last person might be. These recent signings should also put pressure on any other recruit to commit now as I'm sure Miles would hold one for Akoy for a while. I do agree with above that regardless if we land Akoy or not, we need a post player, even though both the Tech and Florida transfers will help in that area next year.

I wonder how the commitment of Tai Webster affects Josh Brown visit? Webster & Hawkins can both play PG or SG. We have Parker a pure PG and Biggs who is a PG but could play a little SG. Really can't see them signing another guard. Thoughts?

With Ubel and Almeida being seniors and the plethora of recent additions at the guard position, it seems logical to save our last 1 or 2 scholarships for big men.

I hope I'm not stepping in where I don't belong, but I added Hawkins and Webster to the list in the OP, and added "NEBRASKA COMMIT" to those two and to Biggs, plus any stars from Rivals - and I linked to their Rivals pages.

My apologies if this messes you up, Nexus! I was just trying to get a handle on our recruiting list thus far.

I wonder how the commitment of Tai Webster affects Josh Brown visit? Webster & Hawkins can both play PG or SG. We have Parker a pure PG and Biggs who is a PG but could play a little SG. Really can't see them signing another guard. Thoughts?

With Ubel and Almeida being seniors and the plethora of recent additions at the guard position, it seems logical to save our last 1 or 2 scholarships for big men.

Well. The Brown situation has worked itself out. Now the next question is...do you try to fill both or do save both if you can't find top notch guys? Do you take at least one no matter what? What are the chances that we sign someone not on our know 'interested' group?

I am thinking we have to find at least one. Then we can be picky on the last one.

Well. The Brown situation has worked itself out. Now the next question is...do you try to fill both or do save both if you can't find top notch guys? Do you take at least one no matter what? What are the chances that we sign someone not on our know 'interested' group?

I am thinking we have to find at least one. Then we can be picky on the last one.

If we don't get Akoy or another big man on our list, my opinion is that we hold both of them unless a 3 star+ presents itself. We'll have both forward transfers available next year to play the 4-5. Don't get me wrong, i'd like to fill the 4th, but I don't think we are at the point where we just give one to someone average.

This may be a little off topic, but how does the walk on thing work? As we'll need a couple people to make a roster this year with only 8 available players.

If we don't get Akoy or another big man on our list, my opinion is that we hold both of them unless a 3 star+ presents itself. We'll have both forward transfers available next year to play the 4-5. Don't get me wrong, i'd like to fill the 4th, but I don't think we are at the point where we just give one to someone average.

This may be a little off topic, but how does the walk on thing work? As we'll need a couple people to make a roster this year with only 8 available players.

We've got that 6' 11" string bean (sorry, can't immediately recall his name) from western Nebraska back don't we...?