Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

I think if Agau has a legitimate interest in coming here we should hold a spot for him. I believe Miles has been considering saving a scholarship for next year so it would not be a big deal if a scholarship went unfilled. With Hanson and Vitto, I would take the first one to commit and put the other on hold.

A Hanson flip gives Smiles some leverage.

Right now, Agau holds all the cards and can take his sweet time playing this out at his pace. But further commits (like Hanson) give Smiles the opportunity to gently remind Agau that openings don't stay open forever.

Hanson won't flip, he has to deep of a connection with the Creighton coaches and some members through those basketball camps he went to there.

However, something that actually might have an impact on Agau decision is that it is reported today that Calhoun from UConn is going to make a decision on his longterm coaching decision within two weeks. If he steps down, I think that would leave with GTown as the clear #1 and Neb down at a distance but still a solid #2.

Hanson won't flip, he has to deep of a connection with the Creighton coaches and some members through those basketball camps he went to there.

However, something that actually might have an impact on Agau decision is that it is reported today that Calhoun from UConn is going to make a decision on his longterm coaching decision within two weeks. If he steps down, I think that would leave with GTown as the clear #1 and Neb down at a distance but still a solid #2.

I was musing at this myself. I expect Calhoun to step down. Not just health issues, but concurrent scandals are taking a toll as well.

Stating the obvious here, but the basketball section has a sub-forum specifically for recruiting profiles a la Football recruiting. Only difference being it'll be a singular section, regardless of recruiting year. So if you plan to create a profile, just put the year in front of the recruits name, eg. (2013) F Akoy Agau.

Of course not all recruiting sites will agree with certain player's position, height, weight, etc. Don't stress too much over that though. I usually go with whatever info. the first site that showed the offer. Like football recruiting, I'll only post profiles of prospects that:

(a) Show an NU offer.

(b) Is not committed elsewhere upon discovery of NU offer.

Those are my own personal posting rules. No one else is obligated to follow it though. Post away at your heart's content. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Tre’Shawn Thurman from Omaha (Nebr.) Central is a 6-foot-6 and 200-pound forward.The Omaha Central standout took the opportunity to head to Lincoln this past weekend to see a football game and talk to the Nebraska basketball staff.

“Yeah, I was in Lincoln on Saturday,” Thurman said.“I went up for the football game.On Saturday I got there and was given a tour of the facilities, got something to eat and then watched the game.It was a good visit.”

The visit to Lincoln for Thurman was an unofficial visit so that limits what he can actually do somewhat in comparison to an official visit.He did was he could do and saw what he could see and came away impressed.

“It wasn’t an official (visit).They showed me some of the new things that are going on in Lincoln, showed me the new offices and just around the school.I didn’t get to see the new arena that is under construction, but I saw the practice facility.”

Continue Reading

• 2 weeks later...

This news is a little dated, but was new to me:

Apparently CSU commit F Jermaine Morgan a top recruit and Miles CSU commit, was released from his LOI from CSU in july and verballed to Nebraska - but did not clear academically to play D1 basketball. Morgan then enrolled at Moberly Area Community College to play basketball, but left that school the second week in September and returned home. Aside from being an interesting side note, I bring it up because while a long shot maybe he is still a possibility if he can get his grades up this through next semester / summer school.

This news is a little dated, but was new to me:

Apparently CSU commit F Jermaine Morgan a top recruit and Miles CSU commit, was released from his LOI from CSU in july and verballed to Nebraska - but did not clear academically to play D1 basketball. Morgan then enrolled at Moberly Area Community College to play basketball, but left that school the second week in September and returned home. Aside from being an interesting side note, I bring it up because while a long shot maybe he is still a possibility if he can get his grades up this through next semester / summer school.

Thanks for the info.