Choi aims to add another chapter to his remarkable football journey

4f78fe0b04fd9.image.jpg

Choi aims to add another chapter to his remarkable football journey

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2012 11:50 pm

If he's not eventually selling houses — Seung Hoon Choi has a curiosity about real estate, understand — he very well might end up in the place that most feels like home to him.

That'd be the weight room. "Lifting's always my thing," Choi said. "I love lifting. I think I could just spend all day just hanging out and lifting, being with athletes." Hey, there are far worse addictions than arm curls.

For a time, the 6-foot-2, 290-pound Choi held the heaviest bench press numbers on the Husker football team, having maxed out at 459 pounds. But those numbers are down slightly now, he admits, the result of the physical pounding that came with last season. Just benching a measly max of 456 now — in a dead heat at the top with center Cole Pensick.

"Cole's a really strong guy. We compete," Choi said. "We always try to give crap to each other when we max out and stuff. It's pretty fun."

LINK

The Great Wall of Korea. This guy is pipeline. :thumbs:

Loved watching Choi last year, there would be games where I would just watch him and he would just man handle the guy across from him. But in the bowl game the few times I watched him he seemed to be in a slump, not getting much movement or missing blocks. I really hope he comes back in his mid season form this year. I so wish we could have heard what they were saying in that Washington game. I'm never one to talk much unless I'm playing against my friends, but I always think it's hilarious when the other guys are mouthing off and they're getting their ass kicked.