Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

There is always this look...http://nextgenunifor...giate/big-ten/#

BOOM! I could go for this:

nebraska-cornhuskers2.pngnebraska-cornhuskers5.png

YES

If they ever make the helmets look like that, I will make it my life's work to destroy every one of those N stickers so that they never see the light of day. While I'm at it, I'll burn all of the black jerseys. You don't give the offense blackshirts. They're not blackshirts. Those are for the starting defense, in practice. You don't sell out on that.

Okay, then how about those black tops with the white traditional helmets? Meets everybody halfway.

If the uniforms involve black, I think it's pretty safe to say that they aren't going to be the same design with different colors (like most of the concept photoshop images in this thread). That barely qualifies as alternate, and isn't anything close to what is being discussed. Unless black is somehow "futuristic".

I agree. If black is to be a staple of the alt uni, I feel confident they will revamp the style outside of simplistic color scheme changing. That would be boring and uninteresting.

Actually, I will go ahead and disagree with this. Quote from TO:

"I don't think the departure from the normal uniform will be huge, but it will be something that will definitely stand out."

And this from the OWH:

The uniforms will be “futuristic” but “not so dramatic that no one will know which team is out there.”

To me, that could mean changing the red tops to black with the usual markings. It would be identifyable as Nebraska and sweet IMO.

If the uniforms involve black, I think it's pretty safe to say that they aren't going to be the same design with different colors (like most of the concept photoshop images in this thread). That barely qualifies as alternate, and isn't anything close to what is being discussed. Unless black is somehow "futuristic".

I agree. If black is to be a staple of the alt uni, I feel confident they will revamp the style outside of simplistic color scheme changing. That would be boring and uninteresting.

Actually, I will go ahead and disagree with this. Quote from TO:

"I don't think the departure from the normal uniform will be huge, but it will be something that will definitely stand out."

And this from the OWH:

The uniforms will be “futuristic” but “not so dramatic that no one will know which team is out there.”

To me, that could mean changing the red tops to black with the usual markings. It would be identifyable as Nebraska and sweet IMO.

:confucius

Simply changing the color scheme doesn't 'stand-out', and I don't think other people will view it like that either. In fact, I think a lot of people will ultimately be disappointed if they simply change the red to black, let loose a few hearty guffaws and then leave it at that. It's pathetic and uninteresting.

There's nothing "futuristic" about swapping the red for black, either. Boring would probably be a better description.

Oh wow, I don't care what anybody says, but this is KICKASS.

nebraska-cornhuskers5.png

I don't like the picture of Abdullah in the black, I agree, that's boring. But this is dark grey and it works really well with the wide stripe and large N. The whole thing looks extremely sharp and I'd love to see it.

There is always this look...http://nextgenunifor...giate/big-ten/#

BOOM! I could go for this:

nebraska-cornhuskers2.pngnebraska-cornhuskers5.png

YES

If they ever make the helmets look like that, I will make it my life's work to destroy every one of those N stickers so that they never see the light of day. While I'm at it, I'll burn all of the black jerseys. You don't give the offense blackshirts. They're not blackshirts. Those are for the starting defense, in practice. You don't sell out on that.

Okay, then how about those black tops with the white traditional helmets? Meets everybody halfway.

noooo.gif

• Fire 1

Sorry Enhance, but when I look at this:

black.jpg

Boring is the last word that comes to my mind.

Love the pic above. I hope they keep the helmet but i'm not completely, 100% against a change there. As long as its done well.

The danger with Red/White/Black is looking too much like TTech. there needs to be a safe separation from their uni's

For historical uniforms I have loved the 1929's for years! The Michigan uniforms last year proved that something like this can be done and look good.

Wouldn't mind seeing the striped socks from the 1894 picture as well... but that might venture close to "outlandish".

The only downside is this wouldn't fit for any special occasion or anniversary. just an excuse to wear a different jersey.

The last couple years i think there were a couple chances missed for historical uniforms:

2010: 1940 jerseys honoring the Rose Bowl team

2011: honoring the 1971 champions

I really don't have a HUGE preference as to what they decide to do, but I would love to see a black uni. If not black, then it would probably just depend on what exactly it looks like. I don't think TO would approve anything that didn't look good.

If we were to look at a throwback (which I know we aren't, but I want to speculate) I do love the 1971 jerseys. Something about them is just awesome, and I don't even know what it is.

black.jpg

It's unimaginative. I'm not saying we need chrome helmets or anything too extraordinary, but a simple red-to-black switch-er-roo is horribly amateur.

(Picture)

It's unimaginative. I'm not saying we need chrome helmets or anything too extraordinary, but a simple red-to-black switch-er-roo is horribly amateur.

Maybe you're right. IDK... I won't pretend to be the fashion police. I think it's safe to say that I will be content with just about anything that we end up with. I've been wanting a switch-up for quite some time now.

The N on the helmet needs to say the same. I don't care if they mix the helmet colors up, but the N should stay (or just have a blank helmet). It is iconic.

All-whites look atrocious with our uniforms for whatever reason. It works for some teams (Texas, OU, SMU, etc) but definitely not for us. Besides, we're doing this for a home game so that is probably not going to be an option.

I'm warming up to this idea, but goddamn there are so many ways to do this wrong. One team we need to look to for inspiration is Michigan. They mixed their uniforms up this year, wearing what they called "throwbacks" - although research proved that they never wore uniforms like the "M" ones they wore vs. ND or the away jerseys with the shoulder/sleeve stripes at any point in their history, they simply took a bunch of historical elements and mashed them up. That is a cool way to mix up your uniforms for the kids, while remaining at least somewhat traditional. Our simplistic colors and conservative uniform design over the years have made this hard though.

And dear god, no block N on the helmets please...its a godawful look.

• Fire 2

here's my two cents....

black matte helmets, with the glossy black traditional N and stripe. not too much changed, keep it traditional... just black it out. black out the stadium. everything. black it out.

15zpk4i.jpg

just in case i didn't get my point across with the "matte" helmets...

6028672353_15649c2032_z-1.jpg

stanfordhelmet.jpg

• Fire 1