Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

I truly wish the internet was around back when they changed uniforms in the past. From subtle to significant. I wonder how many people ACTUALLY believe(d) we were going down the drain decades ago. If we are really going to believe that a change in uniform will ruin our tradition or that we lose games because of a certain uniform...WE are the problem. Not the uniform. As this has been said before, just throwing my 2 cents out there. I'm for whatever change they want to do, to be honest. It's one game, big deal.

And for what it's worth...Michigan's alternates...WERE HORRIBLE. Just because they were like the old times, doesn't automatically make them awesome. LSU's, were terrific. Subtle but significant.

Obviously not done well, but this is what i would like to see:

1. Black-Futuristic

2. Tradition-70's style stripes.

Anything they come up with will be awesome though.

I have always thought it would be cool to see the 70's style again. The Johnny Rodgers style. Stripes on the shoulders, grey face mask. It would also be cool to break them out vs Oklahoma. 2020 perhaps, 50 years since game of the century.

friend of mine uncle works somewhere at the university and he said they're going to be RED ON RED, BLACK #s, BLACK HELMET WITH A RED N. HE ALSO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT MAYBE NO NUMBERS ON FRONT JUST A BIG N

There are a bunch of prescribed rules about what you can do with jerseys. For instance, you must have numbers on the front. So, I'd say it's safe to say this combo isn't what is in the works.

•  

"Numerals. Clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals on one jersey at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, of a color(s) in distinct contrast with the jersey. All players of a team shall have the same color and style numbers front and back. The individual bars must be approximately 1-1/2 inches wide. Numbers on any part of the uniform shall correspond with the mandatory front and back jersey numbers."

Well sort of, see michigans jerseys with the M on the front. They had numbers, they were just small and up near the shoulder.

Yea he said small numbers on shoulders

And for what it's worth...Michigan's alternates...WERE HORRIBLE. Just because they were like the old times, doesn't automatically make them awesome. LSU's, were terrific. Subtle but significant.

LOL. Michigan's were awesome and tastefully done. We should be modeling our ideas after what they did (not modeling our uniforms after theirs, just modeling the general train of thought that goes into the design.)

LOL. Michigan's were awesome and tastefully done. We should be modeling our ideas after what they did (not modeling our uniforms after theirs, just modeling the general train of thought that goes into the design.)

I actually thought they were pretty ugly too.

I really would love to see the team wear white shoes and maybe white socks also this year just with the regular jerseys. It would look sweet IMO.

Ok for most you that have read this entire thread you know that I am a strong traditionalist and believe that we SHOULD NOT change our uniforms in a drastic way even if it is for only one game. (I was ok with our 1960's uniforms for the 300th sellout game.) Nebraska should be very careful going down this slippery slope. Our uniforms are classic and recognized with some of the best and most iconic programs in the game such as Michigan, USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame.

However with that being said it almost seems inevitable now that Nebraska will at least try doing some new alternate uniform this year. So I figured what the heck, I have some free time, and I tried to create a simple classic look, but I also tried to incorporate black into the uniform since many on here are wishing for that to be included. I know the stripes on the top of the jersey look gray, but trust me they are cream colored.

Here is what I came up with so feel free to post any comments you may have about the design. Don't worry you won't hurt my feelings in any way. Feel free to offer any suggested changes, and I will see if I can accommodate your requests.

I think it's safe to say that we all love our Cornhuskers, and at the end of the day we will support this team no matter what...no matter what uniform they choose to wear. GO BIG RED!

nebraskacustomuniform1.jpg

post-9640-0-04368300-1333949481.jpg

tumblr_llmlu8RyCc1qfffa4o1_500.gif

tumblr_lrlgj5wpxs1qfkkv5o1_400.gif

I actually thought they were pretty ugly too.

I really would love to see the team wear white shoes and maybe white socks also this year just with the regular jerseys. It would look sweet IMO.

I'm with you on that part, I like the white shoes with the regular jerseys better. Haven't been worn in awhile though