Sean Fisher - Will the story go on?

Some interesting stories about Sean Fisher today. Looks like he'll be applying for a Medical at the end of the season. He showed promise as a Freshman, but then suffered that bad break in 2010 and played gimpy last year.

Fisher's final go? Maybe not

Sean Fisher may be listed as a senior on the current roster, but that doesn't mean it will be the linebacker's final year as a Husker.

That's something Fisher reminded me of when I asked him at today's practice about this being his final go-round.

"Since I got hurt (in 2010), I have a sixth-year option," Fisher said. "Whether that happens or not, I'm not really in a position yet to make that call. But I think the best thing is to treat it like it's a last year because I don't know if it's a last year or not."

"It's been important to me to get back and get back to playing like what I felt like before I was hurt, and I didn't feel like I did that last year," Fisher said. "Whether it be a mental thing, or just getting back physically, so I think there's definitely things to work on from a physicality standpoint and just getting strength back and things like that."

Dan Hoppen from HuskerOnline tweeted:

Dan Hoppen@danhoppen

Talked to Sean Fisher, who said he played all last season with plates in his leg stemming from broken leg two years ago. They're out now.

Hoppen also said Fisher hasn't made a final decision on whether he wants to apply for a sixth year or not yet.

An article i just read sounds like he is working with the ones. That's kinda discouraging.

It's only discouraging if he's 2011 Sean Fisher. If he can meet the potential coaches saw in him when he was recruited, that's swell.

Now, if he can't meet that potential, and he's still playing with the 1's, then we have problems. Systemic problems.

Sean Fisher has obviously had an up and down career so far at Nebraska, but I really hope he is given a 6th year of eligibility. I watched many of his games when he played at Millard North and let me tell you the kid is very talented and has a lot of upside for his size. If he is on his game, a 6' 6" buck linebacker can give an offense nightmares.

Let me ask, does a guy like Saban show him the door?

Absolutely. IMO He's just meat to Saban. A guy like Saban steps over him as he goes to his office, which is what he reportedly did to some player that collapsed. Later claimed that he was so focused he didn't see him. If that was the case how did he know to step over him?

I think he should apply. We could use an experienced SLB for next year.