Huskers vs Hawkeyes; Baseball edition

i was there as well 95huskers and as I was watching the Iowa pitcher warm up I couldn't help but wonder how many runs he would give up. His mechanics are horrible. Sag's caught stealing was huge but I do think a "no" call on the pick off move helped. Winning series is the most important factor now and lets hope, I mean really HOPE that things turn around and players find that fire they played with against Illinois in games 2 and 3. Peeps are jumping on farmer but nobody is commenting on Chad... since the first weekend he's done little if anything in conference play. He needs to pick it up and stop the stupid errors too.

Edit:

Just checked the forecast for today's game. Ouch!!!

Last night the wind kept the balls in. Today the forecast is saying a 21 mph NW (319°) wind. Maybe more runs are scored but it seems the sker's players don't like playing in temps below 70° F so lets hope the wind doesn't lift a few of those hawkeye balls flys out of the park.

Peeps are jumping on farmer but nobody is commenting on Chad... since the first weekend he's done little if anything in conference play. He needs to pick it up and stop the stupid errors too.

Yes Chad has cooled off at the dish lately, but his error last night resulted in nothing. Farmer's on the other hand directly led to runs, and then totally messed with his head when going after the bunt the next hitter. Throw in last Saturday's errorsfor him and the runs stack up like a weekend series run total.

i was at the game last night and I'll be at Sunday's as well. (have to work today sadly)

The truth is, Iowa's left side of the infield completely out shined and out played the huskers. No errors and managed to break up two game changing possible hits while our two boys (Chad and Kurt) managed to miss on every difficult ball hit in their direction while finishing with 3 errors. Your right, Chad's didn't result in a run score "this time". Also, checking the stats, Chad and Kurt have each committed 7 errors prior to Friday's game so what is good for the goose is good for the gander and therefore if we are going to holler about Kurt then we should also holler about Chad. Furthermore, Chad is in the clean up spot to drive in runs and he's recently (actually since the Illinois series) failed even at that.

Gotta stay positive Husker fans. Tough way to lose but lets get out to the ballpark and cheer them on to victory today and tomorrow! I have to work so I will be following the live stats online but may try to make it down to the game tomorrow if we can work it out! GBR! Gotta come out and play hard and get the series win!

@ Crewe

I'm sitting here watching the skers on premium from work. I suffered through last nights game at haymarket and I have to admit that I was so wrong about this team. Until now I've thought we had the talent to win the BIG but my opinion has changed. We haven't any solid starters on the mound, we can't get lead off hitters out, we can't advance runners with our bats and our boys seemingly find ways to lose. This inability to get lead off batters out is getting rather disgusting.