Huskers vs Hawkeyes; Baseball edition

Huskers against our beloved Hawkeyes :sarcasm this weekend in Lincoln. Looks like the weather will be nice with forecast highs to be around 70.

We got to get back to winning ways and a sweep would go a long ways. We really to make up for the debacle in Evanston! In addition it will be nice to beat Iowa in another sport!

What do you have to say Husker nation?

There maybe that is better I fixed it! Yes we certainly could use a sweep of the Hawks. I was really expecting more out of the Northwestern weekend as all of us were. Just got to get back to playing our kind of baseball and get things rolling!

Yah, the Northwestern series hurt our at-large resume big-time as we don't have any margin now. Got to put the pedal to the medal here. Switching up our weekend starters shows that they still have work to do with the pitching staff. I am happy with the way the team has played this year and there is an upward trend in general. It's just going to take some time in some cases plus the addition of more talent.

Got to put the pedal to the medal here.

As the risk of sounding like Sylvester Stallone's character correcting Huxley in Demolition Man...it's Metal. You have to put the pedal to the metal.

And yes, we have no room for error, but being reactionary and throttling our kids for every game is going to burn them out before the end of the season.

Plus, let's be frank here--we're still dealing with mostly Anderson's recruits here. There's a ceiling as to how much Erstad can get out of these kids, especially when starting pitching appears to be flaky and inconsistent at best and our fielding competence takes one or more game vacations (see Northwestern).

I still think a NCAA Tourney spot is in the cards for Nebraska and Purdue if they finish 1 and 2 in season and tourney. Otherwise, it looks like just Purdue.

As the risk of sounding like Sylvester Stallone's character correcting Huxley in Demolition Man...it's Metal. You have to put the pedal to the metal.

And yes, we have no room for error, but being reactionary and throttling our kids for every game is going to burn them out before the end of the season.

Plus, let's be frank here--we're still dealing with mostly Anderson's recruits here. There's a ceiling as to how much Erstad can get out of these kids, especially when starting pitching appears to be flaky and inconsistent at best and our fielding competence takes one or more game vacations (see Northwestern).

I still think a NCAA Tourney spot is in the cards for Nebraska and Purdue if they finish 1 and 2 in season and tourney. Otherwise, it looks like just Purdue.

There's nothing wrong with Anderson recruits.

Actually a projection this week had Michigan State in as a 3 seed in their regional