Sarah Silverman's before/after abortion photos

Tough crowd

I see these two women on 'Geraldo,' and they're arguing about whether or not killing sperm constitutes abortion. I hope not, because if so, me and Scott paper towel company are going to jail.

A Congressional aide asks the politician: "What are we going to do about the new abortion bill?"

The politician's reply: "Shhhhh -- just pay it."

I'm not saying whether abortion is right or wrong. I'm just saying I'm a man, I know men, and I'll tell you right now, if men could get pregnant, not only would abortions be legal, I think McDonald's would be doing them

haha she's awesome.

*nothing* is off limits when it comes to comedy.

These are off limits...

Jokes about rape?

Jokes about the Holocost?

Jokes about abortion?

Nothing fnny about them is funny, NOTHING.

T_O_B

Says you.

There might be a whole subset of people out there that find this HILARIOUS. And guess what? We have to put up with it...because we can't tell people what to find humorous or to not find humorous.

Sucks to live in a free country sometimes I guess.

Violent crimes against women. The mass murder of 6,000,000 Jews during WWII, and you can't tell me that abortion is not a touchy subject that really shouldn't be made light of. Anyone who finds any of these subjects "HILARIOUS" is one sick puppy. I may have to 'put up' with it but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I've said many times on ths board that I defend the Bill of Rights and yes they are my rights too. 'Sucks to live in a free country'? No F'n way. So yeah, "Says me" bub.

T_O_B

haha she's awesome.

These are off limits...

Jokes about rape?

Jokes about abortion?

T_O_B

Says you.

There might be a whole subset of people out there that find this HILARIOUS. And guess what? We have to put up with it...because we can't tell people what to find humorous or to not find humorous.

Violent crimes against women. The mass murder of 6,000,000 Jews during WWII, and you can't tell me that abortion is not a touchy subject that really shouldn't be made light of. Anyone who finds any of these subjects "HILARIOUS" is one sick puppy. I may have to 'put up' with it but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I've said many times on ths board that I defend the Bill of Rights and yes they are my rights too. 'Sucks to live in a free country'? No F'n way. So yeah, "Says me" bub.

T_O_B

That's basically the point he was making. And I'm sure he was being sarcastic about the "sucks to live in a free country."

As soon as you say that one thing is off-limits, then EVERYTHING becomes off-limits because someone, somewhere might not like it.

• Fire 1

haha she's awesome.

These are off limits...

Jokes about rape?

Jokes about abortion?

T_O_B

Strongly disagree. If we can't use comedy to deal with the terrible things in life, just shoot me in the head.

*NSFW*

• Fire 2

haha she's awesome.

These are off limits...

Jokes about rape?

Jokes about abortion?

T_O_B

Says you.

Violent crimes against women. The mass murder of 6,000,000 Jews during WWII, and you can't tell me that abortion is not a touchy subject that really shouldn't be made light of. Anyone who finds any of these subjects "HILARIOUS" is

one sick puppy. I may have to 'put up' with it but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I've said many times on ths board that I defend the Bill of Rights and yes they are my rights too. 'Sucks to live in a free country'? No F'n way. So yeah, "Says me" bub.

T_O_B

So.....you DON'T want to hear the sweet Pat Summitt joke I heard then?

And you probably don't know know how many people from Germany can fit in a Volkswagon either.

Tragic.

Just get over it. The more you care about offensive things like this, the more annoying of a person you become. I hate the Westboro Baptist Church, but I'm not about to go stand on a street corner and counter protest.

Comedy is a great way to tackle major issues in life, even ones that are "touchy." Comedians do it to get a laugh, but they also do it to make a point. Silverman knew this would offend a lot of people, and she did it anyways.

Her joke offended me but, as you can see, I'm not on my soap box about it. The joke itself obviously isn't funny, but the fact that she did this (and is laughing about it) is somewhat humorous. It's obviously a slap in the face to pro-life activists.

• Fire 1

I'm thinking this bitch should never sell another ticket to anything she does. There are people in this world we never need to hear from. Charles Manson, Sirhan Sirhan, Chapman and this bitch.

T_O_B

Really? S.S. belongs in the same catagory as two mentaly unstable assasins and a murderous cult leader? Come on man have a little perspective.

• Fire 2

I see both sides, but to the original post...comedians are funny. Silverman is not. A not-so-great analogy...The 'Saw' movies. They're categorized as 'horror' genre. But they're not scary at all. They're just gory and gross. Silverman is a comedian, but she's not funny. She's just gory and gross. But there's a market for everything these days.