WR Dominic Walker [Auburn Commit]

Nexus

Ohhh, recruiting. Mike Schaeffer of 247Sports.com has the latest on the saga surrounding Orlando, Fla. receiver Dominic Walker. He’s a Nebraska verbal commitment, but he took an Auburn visit last weekend and was reportedly considering the Tigers’ offer.

That prompted a chat Monday with Tim Beck and Rich Fisher, which Walker recapped thusly:

“I heard from the Husker staff after the visit and they wanted to know if I’m considering Auburn and all of that,” Walker said. “I talked with coach (Rich) Fisher and coach (Tim) Beck. They didn’t understand. They were actually mad.”

But by the time Fisher and Bo Pelini arrived in Florida for an in-home visit later that night, heads had apparently cooled?

“They were OK tonight but they don’t want me to take anymore visits,” (Walker) said. “I told them I wasn’t going to, before they even asked. I’m done with visits. They weren’t mad. We were just talking.”

Walker said he’s still a Nebraska commit but he also confirmed to 247Sports.com that he’ll host Auburn coaches today.

This exasperates me, a person who only begrudgingly details this sort of stuff. I can’t imagine what it’s like being a coach.

http://hailvarsity.com/2013/01/hot-reads-everybodys-doing-it/

If he even hosts the auburn coaches, I would seriously consider pulling the offer. If he just told our coaches again that he is committed, it's dishonest to still be flirting with auburn.

or he wants to discuss it in person with the Auburn coaches rather than dumping them via a text/phone call? give the kid the benefit of the doubt here.

We as fans have the freedom to have certain attitudes towards events. I personally am tired of the drama around him. Either he is coming to Nebraska or not. He needs to man up and tell people where he stands. If this were 6 months ago I would be much more understanding. But, it is getting down to signing day and the coaches and other players decisions lay in the balance. It's time to be a grown up.

That said, the coaches don't have that luxury. They are forced to keep playing the recruiting game.

Our team would be better with him but we will be fine without him if that is what he chooses.

The coaches aren't forced to do anything. They can drop him and walk away of they feel like he's not being up front with them. Honesty and character matter.

As I said, I don't know how the conversation with the kid went, but it sure sounds like he indicated to the coaches that he was all in. Hard to reconcile that with continuing to meet with another school. And maybe he is just meeting with auburn to say 'thanks, but no thanks', but there's no reason that couldn't be done over the phone.

I got tired of his piddle-paddling around. So I let him have a piece of my mind on Twitter ...

@DW_SHOWTIME4 Should stay committed to the #Huskers. O will be lethal. Or play for team that only beat LA-Monroe, New Mexico St. & Bama A&M?

I got tired of his piddle-paddling around. So I let him have a piece of my mind on Twitter ...

@DW_SHOWTIME4 Should stay committed to the #Huskers. O will be lethal. Or play for team that only beat LA-Monroe, New Mexico St. & Bama A&M?

Oh no, please take a deep breath and count to 10 before you decide to do something like that again. Can't see that helping the situation.