ESPN Preseason Top-25

QMany

Florida State...I just don't get it. They are ranked high every. single. year. And they are mediocre every. single. year. Please, just stop it already. They play in an absolutely pathetic conference, and can never get more than 9 wins in it. 9 wins is not worthy of a top 10 ranking. 25 teams from the "Big 6" won at least 9 games last year. 9 wins has become pretty average.

USC is going to win f'ing everything this year though.

my pitcher of kool-aid is running low this year. i now have one goal.... finish with a better ranking than Wisconsin.

my pitcher of kool-aid is running low this year. i now have one goal.... finish with a better ranking than Wisconsin.

seems unlikely to me.

The Huskers will be doing well to finish ranked at all. The #17 is, I think, really rather generous for the Huskers. I'd expect Michigan, Ohio State & Wisconsin all to finish higher than the Huskers. Relative to MSU... I am not sure there... MSU might finish just ahead of or right behind the Huskers... hard to tell.

Should be a fun season to be sure... but temper your expectations... the 'Skers will have issues in a fairly tough conference.

• Fire 1

Florida State...I just don't get it. They are ranked high every. single. year. And they are mediocre every. single. year. Please, just stop it already. They play in an absolutely pathetic conference, and can never get more than 9 wins in it. 9 wins is not worthy of a top 10 ranking. 25 teams from the "Big 6" won at least 9 games last year. 9 wins has become pretty average.

oh-no-you-didn-t-white_design.png

USC is perched to stop the SEC dominance. They have outrageous talent. Based upon the recruits they have, it is not unreasonable to assert that their second team at every position consists of players with an average HS star rating above 4. Somewhere I read that the USC roster has over 10 (approaching 15) 5-star players. Of course, those rankings are dubious... yet every indicator is that they are loaded.

oh-no-you-didn-t-white_design.png

We need a dictionary for some folks apparently....

2012 USC FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 1 -- Hawaii

Sept. 8 -- vs. Syracuse (@ E. Rutherford, N.J.)

Sept. 15 -- at Stanford

Sept. 22 -- California

Oct. 4 (Th.) -- at Utah

Oct. 13 -- at Washington

Oct. 20 -- Colorado

Oct. 27 -- at Arizona

Nov. 3 -- Oregon

Nov. 10 -- Arizona State

Nov. 17 -- at UCLA

Nov. 24 -- Notre Dame LINK

This is a pretty cush schedule. I don't see a loss for the Trojans. But if USC played an SEC schedule, they'd get beat a time or two. THere are probably a half dozen teams in the SEC better than anyone USC will face this year. Except maybe Oregon--a team that is way overrated at #4.

Florida State, TCU, Wisconsin and Michigan State are ranked too high.

Arkansas would be a legitimate contender if they had a half decent coach and while Southern Cal is stacked I don't see Lane Kiffin out coaching say...Nick Saban. Not gonna happen.

• Fire 1

General Thoughts

I'm rooting for USC this season. Not because I like USC, but because I want someone to knock off the SEC's win streak. And I respect Matt Barkley's decision to return and play his senior season, even though USC was in trouble.

The SEC claims 5 of the Top 10 teams in the poll.

West Virginia comes in at #11. Are they poised to make a run in their first season in the Big XII?

Texas A&M and Missouri aren't in the Top 25.

Oklahoma State drops to #22 after not getting a chance to play for the title in 2011.

I agree with us at #17. I'm happy with the placement even though these polls are completely pointless...not too high, not to low.

Can't wait for Autumn!