Diamond formation

The diamond with Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah and Enunwa (with Taylor Martinez) can give us 7-10 plays a game. Run Triple option out of it. You can throw short passes out of it in the flat or even throw to the tight end to really mess with the defense. I have seen Oklahoma use it a ton with success. We have more weapons than I have seen in a while. Let's use them. No sense in having a rocket propelled grenade launcher with RPG's sitting in the house unused while you are using a bee-bee gun to try and kill a razorback.

Let's use the RPG until it is too hot to handle.

Which player listed above is playing tight end?

None of them. Notice how I said "you can EVEN throw to the tight end out of it to mess with the "D"" The tight end usually lines up on the line of scrimage in case you didn't know!!!! If we threw to cotton out of it, the D would not expect it since he blocks most of the time. In fact Bell and Turner would be "backs" not receivers in that formation. You don't need to attack like you are a football snob!!! Most on the board know the top TE's are reed and cotton. Anyone can look that up. Too many husker fans are snobs like they know all there is.

The diamond with Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah and Enunwa (with Taylor Martinez) can give us 7-10 plays a game. Run Triple option out of it. You can throw short passes out of it in the flat or even throw to the tight end to really mess with the defense. I have seen Oklahoma use it a ton with success. We have more weapons than I have seen in a while. Let's use them. No sense in having a rocket propelled grenade launcher with RPG's sitting in the house unused while you are using a bee-bee gun to try and kill a razorback.

Definitely can pass out of the diamond. Enunwa had his td-pass against OSU out of the diamond, and Green wide was ridiculously open on that same play on a wheel route.

Yup, this is the play (in reverse).

PISTOL%20FULL%20HOUSE%2000010.jpg

Definitely can pass out of the diamond. Enunwa had his td-pass against OSU out of the diamond, and Green wide was ridiculously open on that same play on a wheel route.

Are you trying to be UGA Offensive Lineman, Hunter Long,and post Husker play book material on social media?

Are you trying to be UGA Offensive Lineman, Hunter Long,and post Husker play book material on social media?

WAT?

If we where an air raid offense I would no longer be a Nebraska football fan even the spread for me is just painful to watch. I like ground and pound all the way straight running it up the middle and try and stop me. And recruit huge 320 pound lineman from all over and turn it back into the pro factory for lineman it once was.

Why? What does the offense matter if we're good at it?

The N on our helmet doesn't mean "Option." It's just the base set we were most successful at over the last few decades. We could run anything and it wouldn't matter - even the West Coast Offense - as long as we were able to move the ball and score effectively.

That has to be the bottom line. You can't marry yourself to one style of offense.

Kind of like you can't marry yourself to one uniform?!?! No I did not just open that can of worms. :corndance

I think we should still use it...and If I were Beck, I'd use it a lot. I'd run it as the base. That's just me though.

:facepalm: why run it as base? If you ran it as base it wouldn't be as successful as it is. Opposing defenses would spend more time during the week to defend it. Come on. Lets put the diamond thing to rest. Its good for a different look here and there maybe 5-7 times a game. The thing that makes option football successful is having ALOT of formations and fewer plays. Obviously our offense is mostly based on option football. Then again, that's just me though

Why run it as a base? Well, heaven forbid we would ever develop an identity for our offense. Marginal at everything, excellent at nothing......gotta love being "multiple"!

:corndance

Multiple means being able to run a play 5 or 6 different ways regardless of formation or personnel.

:facepalm: