Diamond formation

I think we should still use it...and If I were Beck, I'd use it a lot. I'd run it as the base. That's just me though.

I agree to that I think Abdullah, Marrow, And Rex is still a great combo. Marrow could be a dominant run blocker and Rex would be the perfect fake runner for a play action pass and he has some pretty good pass blocking skills for a RB. And after Marrow gets his block Abdullah would be gone.

Cross/Zimmerer and Marrow on the sides, Rex behind Martinez. Even bigger BOOM.

Yep, add those additional big bodies that can serve as pulling guards of sorts, with the slightly increased mobility they'd bring as fullbacks. I can also see having Rex behind Martinez with Bell or Turner to one side and Cross or Zim or Marrow on the other. A lot of opportunity for misdirection there, with either a planned fake or zone read to the speedster on one side, taking a defender with them, and having Martinez, the big back (depending on whether its a planned fake or an actual read), and Rex go in the other direction with an eye at having an option to Rex available or eschewing that and having Martinez keep with the big back looking to pick up a block to seal the inside and have Martinez and Rex flare out. If you have Enunwa locked up on a CB or safety, you've got a shot at Martinez and Rex running with one defender to beat. Martinez could then potentially use his straight line speed to K-State the D, or flip it to Rex, who always makes the first guy miss. A lot of potential in this formation.

Yep, add those additional big bodies that can serve as pulling guards of sorts, with the slightly increased mobility they'd bring as fullbacks. I can also see having Rex behind Martinez with Bell or Turner to one side and Cross or Zim or Marrow on the other. A lot of opportunity for misdirection there, with either a planned fake or zone read to the speedster on one side, taking a defender with them, and having Martinez, the big back (depending on whether its a planned fake or an actual read), and Rex go in the other direction with an eye at having an option to Rex available or eschewing that and having Martinez keep with the big back looking to pick up a block to seal the inside and have Martinez and Rex flare out. If you have Enunwa locked up on a CB or safety, you've got a shot at Martinez and Rex running with one defender to beat. Martinez could then potentially use his straight line speed to K-State the D, or flip it to Rex, who always makes the first guy miss. A lot of potential in this formation.

I wish Beck would just make that our base formation for every play!

I like Marrow up front to have some great blocks. Left- Marrow. Back- Rex. Right- Cross or Abdullah.

That's what I'm thinking. Then Martinez calls the play to the left/right depending on how the defense lines up. Good for 5 yards, every time. Run this about 20 times in the first half and watch the defense slowly break down, then Martinez starts breaking them up the middle for 80+ in the second half.

I like Marrow up front to have some great blocks. Left- Marrow. Back- Rex. Right- Cross or Abdullah.

That's what I'm thinking. Then Martinez calls the play to the left/right depending on how the defense lines up. Good for 5 yards, every time. Run this about 20 times in the first half and watch the defense slowly break down, then Martinez starts breaking them up the middle for 80+ in the second half.

You sir have just read my mind.

Martinez, Burkhead, Abdullah, and Cross/Turner/Marrow/Bell.

Cross and Marrow would be the power threats, while Bell/Turner would be the speed/reverse threats with Turner also having the ability to throw.

That would be one deadly package, but I agree with Enhance, we won't see it nearly enough. Shame.