**Official** 2012 Official Visits Thread

Chase was a Missouri boy and each circumstance is different for sure. I've only followed recruiting for 9-10 years ... my observations (no experience) are that when it comes to kids from California ... they will rate us a 9 or 10 on most of their visits ... but that just isn't enough to pull them from their roots and what is offerred closer to home ... as a general statement that is true. Thus, I don't believe Huskercat, your example, trumps anything. It's an example that is true regarding a Missouri kid. Personally, I don't think any view their is "wrong" ... just observations.

Your statement is a fallacy from strawman, mark. He never stated where the kids came from. Nickel states: "Dashon Hunt only rated his visit a '9.' IMO, anyone who rates their visit less than a 10 is not coming here." You are making wrong deductions and turning them into an argument that has nothing to do with the first argument.

Your statement is a fallacy from strawman, mark. He never stated where the kids came from. Nickel states: "Dashon Hunt only rated his visit a '9.' IMO, anyone who rates their visit less than a 10 is not coming here." You are making wrong deductions and turning them into an argument that has nothing to do with the first argument.

You are correct, but good luck. Recruiting discussion is more passion and "gut feeling" than logic.

Drake Martinez is not coming this weekend

Any reason?

I was just told there was a conflict but the Michigan game is the target date. I didn't wasn't to pry any further. I felt better when I heard from a recruiting service beatnik that it is impossible to talk with the guy as the majority of talks must now start and more or less go through his school and coaching staff. Wish I would have pushed for a more definitive answer though

Should have done the hard sell Paul, you cant send an informant home to think about it too much, you gotta get him while you have him in person. You just let a talented informant go like that, hes probably talking to an Ohio State fan now....you could have had him had you pushed for the info harder, ive had enough of this soft sell BS, you gotta push for the commit.

• 2 weeks later...

right now I know of priest willis, mackensie alexander, jamone boyd, demorea stringfellow, randy gregory, aaron cochran, jonathan cook, josh banderas, zach hannon(expect him work boyd hard), aj natter, kevin gladney, johnny stanton.

I might say this weekend tops the wisconsin visits weekend. more high profile guys that can can make a team a championship contender. Very Excited! we need to win!