Quote from callahans press conference

"I'm going to do the best I can. That's how I've always responded to adversity," Callahan said. "Do I think it (my job) is safe? There is no security in this business. You do the best you can with the players you've got. You go to work and fight and compete and that's it. You look yourself in the mirror and say, 'I did everything I could to make a change in a program, in a culture, in the environment that we're dealing with.'"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You do the best you can with the players you've got

IMO, sounds like he's blaming the players again. <_<

'I did everything I could to make a change in a program, in a culture, in the environment that we're dealing with

This is probably the reason why NU is failing under billy c. (and the Raiders did, too).

Great, change 35 years of a winning tradition, that will show, coach em :thumbs

:sarcasm

Linebacker Corey McKeon rushed to Callahan's defense.

"He takes too much blame," McKeon said. "It's on the players just as much as it's on any coach. We're all accountable. Personally, I can't stand when Coach sits there and takes (blame) for things that he shouldn't. The players are making the mistakes."

Quarterback Zac Taylor said the heat Callahan is taking is "ridiculous."

"Coach can't play the game for us," Taylor said. "He's putting us in the right situations and telling us what's going to happen. It's the players not getting the job done. If he's under fire, it should be us under fire. We're behind him 100 percent."

You forgot to add these quotes there former. :wtf

I agree. If the players believe in him and know that he puts them in the right situation to prevail, execution is the only fault at this time.

Didn't McKeon say that they were trying too hard to make "highlight" tackles against KU?

Remember that clip shot by the local news channel that featured the Blackshirts and their zealous attitude towards scoring? Perhaps early signs of a defense that wanted to do too much and not do "the basics"; TACKLING.

i wish every player on the team was like mckeon... he has a great attitude for football.. ecstatic wen they win and pissed wen they lose. im glad the team is takin some of the blame too, becuase though every1 doesnt talk bout it as much, they are just as accountable as the coaches in the end

true, they can't openly come out and be critical of the coach, never get any playing time and would not look good if you were trying to go Pro? look at T.Owens, now who the hell would want that pain-in-the-ass on their team..and Keyshawn Johnson isn't much better.....i think we will really know more qabout what is going down, IF some guys "jump ship" this spring..just my opinion

hunter