SIGNED DE Peyton Newell

is he announcing his commitment today? What time?

I don't think he will be announcing for a little while yet. I could be wrong but it does seem like he is interested in a few schools yet. If he does know where he wants to go and it turns out to be NU I would guess he would wait and announce it to the coaches this weekend at junior days.

Project as a DE or DT at next level?

3-4 DT in our new defensive scheme.

If we do go to a 3-4 I would much rather have him on the outside as a DE. At 280 he is big enough and fast/quick enough to be very effective but I think he wouldnt be able to utilize that nearly as much as a NT. Plus, I don't think he would be able to get enough good body weight added on to be big enough to be a space eater.

Im really starting to think he will be our first commit, maybe even this weekend

To add to that hypothesis...

Peyton Newell #40@p_newell

One of my childhood dreams will come true tomorrow

Since he visited Notre Dame today, the next day ... my guess would be that his childhood dream was to go to the Notre Dame stadium and experience all the history.

Edit/Update: Thanks for the info/correction nebraskafaninwi. Read an article on another site.

Im really starting to think he will be our first commit, maybe even this weekend

To add to that hypothesis...

Peyton Newell #40@p_newell

One of my childhood dreams will come true tomorrow

Since he visited Notre Dame today, the next day ... my guess would be that his childhood dream was to go to the Notre Dame stadium and experience all the history.

He visited Notre Dame last November, not today.

• Fire 1

The title says we lead. I'm not a premium member and I cant link anything on my phone.

Edit: Well Red Reign is a moron and linked it to a 2014 baseball player. As I said I don't have a premium membership. As of now thats just a rumor sorry for the false info.

According to rivals we lead.

Also:

Nate Clouse@NateClouse

2014 Hiawatha, Kansas DE Peyton Newell will be visiting #Nebraskaon Jan. 26th for the #Huskers Junior Day

The title says we lead. I'm not a premium member and I cant link anything on my phone.

Edit: Well Red Reign is a moron and linked it to a 2014 baseball player. As I said I don't have a premium membership. As of now thats just a rumor sorry for the false info.

that's great news! where did you see where we lead?

i just saw that too. nonetheless, if i were to bet, i would say we're in the lead. would love to see him N!