New Husker Commit

Hope he doesn't get drafted high, would be a good edition

I would hope the coaching staff understands that sever handicap and makes it abundantly clear to every one they recruit. One thing Coach Erstad can sell is the college experience and still having a long incredibly successful career considering thats the path he took.

I would hope the coaching staff understands that sever handicap and makes it abundantly clear to every one they recruit. One thing Coach Erstad can sell is the college experience and still having a long incredibly successful career considering thats the path he took.

are you in favor of kids being able to go pro after high school? or do you think they should implament a rule to make them go to college first like every other sport?

are you in favor of kids being able to go pro after high school? or do you think they should implament a rule to make them go to college first like every other sport?

Probably an unpopular opinion. I think if a team is willing to draft or sign an 18 year old they should be able to in any sport, football included. If they choose to go to school they commit for 3 years though so college programs don't become revolving doors with lowered academic purpose.

That doesn't put bennies in the young mans bank account. I understand your point but cash in the bank beats out potential earnings most of the time.

That doesn't put bennies in the young mans bank account. I understand your point but cash in the bank beats out potential earnings most of the time.

I meant more from the coaches point of view. With the B1G Ten's rules they shouldn't even bother recruiting kids interested in skipping college or that would be getting drafted high enough to go straight from HS. A sad reality in this conference.

I meant more from the coaches point of view. With the B1G Ten's rules they shouldn't even bother recruiting kids interested in skipping college or that would be getting drafted high enough to go straight from HS. A sad reality in this conference.

Bennies. Isn't that an old name for meth.

Agreed. And one that puts us at a direct disadvantage with the SEC, Big XII, ACC, and all other conferences playing Div-I baseball. It's a stupid restriction that needs to either be universally applied to all schools and conferences at the NCAA level, or done away with in the Big 10.

Bennies. Isn't that an old name for meth.

You know, that sounds right, but apparently it's not an 'official' slang name for Meth...?

Meh, just call Meth 'Council Bluff Candy' and be done with it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Probably an unpopular opinion. I think if a team is willing to draft or sign an 18 year old they should be able to in any sport, football included. If they choose to go to school they commit for 3 years though so college programs don't become revolving doors with lowered academic purpose.

Howdy. Sounds good to me as long as the commitment goes both ways. College baseball is mostly partial scholarships and very little commitment from the school and football is a year-by-year commitment from the school. As long as they both agree on the terms up front I'm okay with it.