I used to be at 265....Im down to 185 and hoping to pop back up to 205 (of muscle hopefully).....The first thing that I did was start eating breakfast every morning and chase it with a glass of water.....get the metabolism going.....i cut out all sugars (besides fruit).....no soda, no candy.....gave up beer....I then gave up eating all meat in general and became a vegetarian (not necessary for losing weight, it was a personal choice for me).....the BEST thing that i can offer to the many great things already posted is to try a grain called Quinoa (keen-wa)......steam it up with some vegetables and it is 100% healthy meal that fills you up and hits on all your nutritional needs.....

oh and hit the gym 6 nights a week...

Quinoa is delicious and extremely easy to make. Gotta +1 to that one.

Also, beer is such watered down alcohol. By all means have some hard liquor (I don't mean candy though). But cut the beer. There's nothing that great about it!

I like beer. I like wine. I don't drink soda/pop, and I drink a lot of water... but if you're telling me I have to cut out the beer and wine, we're going to have problems.

EDIT - I lied. I'll probably have an average of a can of pop a week. But that's pretty much nil.

Uh oh, we may have problems ;) The wine is OK in moderation. The point isn't to abstain from alcohol after all. But beer...eh.

I know a lot of people like it, but it has zero nutritional value and minimal alcoholic punch. At the same time, it can be easily consumed in extremely excess quantities. A raw deal in all respects. About that one can of pop a week, though:

colas.jpg

These are two things that can be very hard to cut. But if you can get to that zen-like point where you find yourself free and unbound to the will of the ring can, the benefits are extraordinary! That's ten cubes of excess per week you can be keeping from your belly. Cast those things into the fires from whence they came.

• Fire 2

The "will of the ring." That got a chuckle. :D

I used to drink pop all the time. Lots and lots. Now... it just doesn't appeal to me. One can a week is really about right, and even then I don't always finish it.

But wine - see, that's the problem. When I drink wine, nobody drinks with me. So I kinda have to go through the whole bottle. It spoils if you don't. And if you open it at 5:30 and finish it at 10pm, that's moderation. So I try to do that just once a day, and I think that's pretty reasonable.

These are two things that can be very hard to cut. But if you can get to that zen-like point where you find yourself free and unbound to the will of the ring can, the benefits are extraordinary! That's ten cubes of excess per week you can be keeping from your belly. Cast those things into the fires from whence they came.

*warm fuzzy feelings*

I used to be at 265....Im down to 185 and hoping to pop back up to 205 (of muscle hopefully).....The first thing that I did was start eating breakfast every morning and chase it with a glass of water.....get the metabolism going.....i cut out all sugars (besides fruit).....no soda, no candy.....gave up beer....I then gave up eating all meat in general and became a vegetarian (not necessary for losing weight, it was a personal choice for me).....the BEST thing that i can offer to the many great things already posted is to try a grain called Quinoa (keen-wa)......steam it up with some vegetables and it is 100% healthy meal that fills you up and hits on all your nutritional needs.....

Also, beer is such watered down alcohol. By all means have some hard liquor (I don't mean candy though). But cut the beer. There's nothing that great about it!

Are you kidding. Beer is great. You probably just don't drink enough of it. :D:wasted

this is NOT true- beer does not cause you to be a gellatinous fat body. The beer drinkers lifestyle does- late night nachos,eggs, pancakes and vast amounts of nascar watching causes you to be fat. Enjoy your beer but move your lazy ass and suck down an apple every now.

• Fire 1

this is NOT true- beer does not cause you to be a gellatinous fat body. The beer drinkers lifestyle does- late night nachos,eggs, pancakes and vast amounts of nascar watching causes you to be fat. Enjoy your beer but move your lazy ass and suck down an apple every now.

oh, but quinoa is delish- try making a modified chicken fried rice using quinoa in the place of rice and adding lots of veggies. I also substituted it for oatmeal the other am- added agave, blue blueberries and walnuts

Beer is nothing but empty simple carbohydrates with no nutritional value, no? And it requires consumption in large amounts to feel its nice effects. You may be right about the lifestyle, but at the same time, anyone could stand to gain (from a health standpoint) by replacing it with water.

I think I enjoy wine too much to let it go (although I don't drink very often), but following on tschu's suggestion, it appears I will have to try some of that whiskey stuff instead ;)

*warm fuzzy feelings*

:)

Give up beer? .....shudder.....maybe those expando trousers would do the trick.