Obama's plan to stop deporting illegal immigrants

Just to clear something up, "you all" does not necessarily mean "all of you (i.e everyone)". It's fairly clear it was a you (plural) referring to the "haters" addressed in the previous sentence. Example:

Hello people of Timbuktu. You all smell like pineapples.

This is not to say that everybody in the world smells like pineapples. Grammar nazi out. Gotta go hug my trees, they're feeling down.

I think that it's possible to be both. But the ritual for that is to hug a cactus; HARD

Methinks this category may go the way of the dodo if all this behavior continues to be a problem. Meaning: Pol and Rel will be deleted. Unless people can refrain from name calling and other activities that cause problems DON'T MAKE ME BRING OUT THE ALABAMA RULZ BOOK :)

• Fire 1

Is that the best you can do? Someone talks about their experience with an issue and you belittle them.

Did you see this part?

Bringing in endless thousands of wetbacks makes things better?

I think that is deserving of belittling. Perhaps you disagree.

It baffles me even more so that our President has told government agencies to ignore the law. Whether you agree with the issue at hand is irrelevant. Obama has set it up for Romney and he has done nothing. This election is over.

You think that it's over in favor of Romney? The same Romney who has repeatedly refused to state that he would reverse this order if elected?

Well . . . alright.

Point #1 'Wetback' - You Win

Point #2 - it is over for Romney

Why don't we just annex Mexico and be done with it. It would be much cheaper to build a wall along Mexico's tiny southern border than the 2,000 mile long U.S./Mexican border.

If you're here to work legitimately or go to school to further your education to start a business or join the workforce, then hell yeah. But if you're gonna come here with a sense of entitlement or wanting to F things up, then you need to haul your ass back to where you came from....

Just serve a couple years first, so we know you are serious.

I wonder how much we spend in the U.S. each year on welfare, food stamps, hospital emergency room charges, etc. for illegal aliens? Is there an accurate figure for this?

I wonder how much we spend in the U.S. each year on welfare, food stamps, hospital emergency room charges, etc. for illegal aliens? Is there an accurate figure for this?

Probably far less than we spend on DoD and Wars.

Yeah, don't get me started on that topic. DoD spending is one of those issues that makes my blood boil. And I'm not talking about our brave soldiers marching around in the desert, courageously fighting the wars we get ourselves into. I'm talking about the defense contractor desk jockey crooks who pilfer billions from America's coffers each year through waste, fraud and abuse.

That's all I got to say about that. For now. :lol:

So, how much do illegal immigrants cost federal, state and local governments in the U.S.? Estimates vary widely, and no consensus exists. The Urban Institute put the net national cost at $1.9 billion in 1992; a Rice University professor, whose work the Urban Institute criticized, said it was $19.3 billion in 1993. More recently, a 2007 report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Officeexamined 29 reports on state and local costs published over 15 years in an attempt to answer this question. CBO concluded that most of the estimates determined that illegal immigrants impose a net cost to state and local governments but "that impact is most likely modest." CBO said "no agreement exists as to the size of, or even the best way of measuring, that cost on a national level."

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/cost-of-illegal-immigrants/

It has never occurred to me that the terms "wetback", "mexican", or "mexican american" would be interpreted to possibly mean the same things. All 3 have very different and distinct meanings in my book. It is kind of like the people who cannot differentiate "illegal alien" from "legal immigrant". Both may be of Mexican descent but there is huge difference in my book. It kind of annoys me when some people assume some others are racist because they do not care for illegal immigration. I do not have one problem with people of Mexican/Hispanic/Latino heritage. Many of my friends, neighbors, and co-workers happen to fall into that category. However, I do have somewhat of a problem with illegal immigration and people who do not respect our laws. It would appear that makes me a racist in some peoples minds even though nothing could be further from the truth.

There has only been 1 thing in this topic that has rubbed me the wrong way. It seems as if someone may have used the term "wetback" in too general of a manner. Probably shouldn't refer to people as that unless you actually mean specifically those who have entered this country illegally. However, I'm not convinced it wasn't originally used correctly in that manner. But, Someone else seemed to think that term applied to "Mexican Americans" in general or to them personally. Newsflash- Just because you may be hispanic, does not mean mentions of "illegal immigrant" or "wetback" applies to you. If you were born here or legally immigrated here, you need to lose the inferiority complex and save the chastising for people who are obviously being racist. Just my 2 cents worth. If you were not born here or you came here illegally, then I guess you can take offense.