Does Bo Pelini know who TO's replacement will be?

I have a feeling that he does. However, what if he does not know? I'm curious to see how the Pelini/future AD dymanic will play out.

What brought this to mind? Tom isn't planning on going anywhere anytime soon. Why would this concern you now?

I personally don't think Tom will be around more than 2 years. He'll have taken us to the Big10, expanded the stadium, rebuilt Devany, put in an arena for basketball, hired a new basketball/baseball coach, put in practice facilities for basketball, wrestling, volleyball, etc. He can walk away in 2 years with the program in extremely good shape, financially strong, and stable. Night & day from where it was when he took it over. The drama that surrounded the program will be gone - nothing but a bright future ahead. Job complete. That's what he took the position to do.

I thought the NCAA and Pros were "frowning" on the One-and-dones...oh that's basketball? Shoot. But seriously, unless Dr. Tom only ever had a couple years in mind (did he, I don't remember) why not stay to maintain the strength and stability for a while?

I would say they have been looking for a while now and have a really good idea on a few candidates if not down to one already. TO is not a young or even middle age man anymore and anything could happen at any time. I lost almost all of my grandparents at a younger age so...

I would imagine you're right. It would be imprudent not to have a succession plan in place, just in case.

I have a feeling that he does. However, what if he does not know? I'm curious to see how the Pelini/future AD dymanic will play out.

What brought this to mind? Tom isn't planning on going anywhere anytime soon. Why would this concern you now?

I personally don't think Tom will be around more than 2 years. He'll have taken us to the Big10, expanded the stadium, rebuilt Devany, put in an arena for basketball, hired a new basketball/baseball coach, put in practice facilities for basketball, wrestling, volleyball, etc. He can walk away in 2 years with the program in extremely good shape, financially strong, and stable. Night & day from where it was when he took it over. The drama that surrounded the program will be gone - nothing but a bright future ahead. Job complete. That's what he took the position to do.

I thought the NCAA and Pros were "frowning" on the One-and-dones...oh that's basketball? Shoot. But seriously, unless Dr. Tom only ever had a couple years in mind (did he, I don't remember) why not stay to maintain the strength and stability for a while?

:dunno huh?

He's not under contract really - it's just a 1 year thing. Even back in December of 08 or 09', when he signed an actual contract going from "interim" to permanent it was only for like a year. I've just always gotten the impression that Tom came in to help the program through a tough time, and that's been done.

:dunno huh? He's not under contract really - it's just a 1 year thing. Even back in December of 08 or 09', when he signed an actual contract going from "interim" to permanent it was only for like a year. I've just always gotten the impression that Tom came in to help the program through a tough time, and that's been done.

Just a play on athletes being one and done in college and Tom almost being a one and done AD. I wasn't expecting anyone to get the joke but I threw it out there anyway. Nevermind that sentence if it doesn't make sense. And back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Trev Alberts would be a great selection as the new guy, and bringing a football guy would be good I would think.

I imagine that he and Bo would communicate really well and would be on the same page because Trev would more times than not understand where Bo is coming from much like T.O. does now (with wha't going on in the program and the state of program), the thing is much like T.O., Trev would be a guy that Bo can't bs, Trev knows a successful program and wouldn't be afraid to include his imput in the same way T.O. has.

And Bo would realize that it's another guy that will have his nose in the program because he has the knowledge to do so, he won't hold Bo back, but he'll certainly hold him to a very high standard.

Trev Alberts would be a great selection as the new guy, and bringing a football guy would be good I would think.

I imagine that he and Bo would communicate really well and would be on the same page because Trev would more times than not understand where Bo is coming from much like T.O. does now (with wha't going on in the program and the state of program), the thing is much like T.O., Trev would be a guy that Bo can't bs, Trev knows a successful program and wouldn't be afraid to include his imput in the same way T.O. has.

And Bo would realize that it's another guy that will have his nose in the program because he has the knowledge to do so, he won't hold Bo back, but he'll certainly hold him to a very high standard.

I agree Trev's a sharp cookie and would be an excellent replacement. No hurry on that though.